Temporary IT Security Specialist- Identity and Access Management (IDAM)
Job Type: Contract
Contract length: 06 Months
- The IT Security Specialist is accountable for critical activities that ensure all users in the organization have the appropriate levels of access to applications, systems and data resources.
- They evaluate and maintain procedures to safeguard information systems assets from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
- This particular role will be designing, documenting, implementing, integrating and training new processes to securely provision role based access to the minimum necessary applications, systems and data needed to perform each role.
- Performs a role in promotion of security awareness programs, assessing gaps and implementing solutions.
- Responsible for the end-to-end completion of security requests.
- Provisions user security roles and manages security groups across systems, platforms, databases, applications, servers, directories and folders.
- Analyzes existing role structures to improve and streamline structures, security administration and improve end-user experience.
- Responsible for highly sensitive security access for outsourced vendors and ensuring compliance with policy, regulations, and contractual requirements.
- Accountable for highly sensitive emergency processes.
- Creates or maintains application scripts and uses application specific tools to create or manage application security.
- Plans, coordinates, communicates, tests and implements audits ensuring that access entitlements are appropriate for job requirements.
- Maintains and creates operational procedures and maintains Security Knowledge Base.
- Provides subject matter expertise, leadership and guidance to work teams and end users on security policies, standards and procedures and processes.
- Investigates business processes to understand and implement security requirements weighing business needs and security risks and resolving issues.
- Researches solutions, works with vendors to enhance Security Monitoring Program.
- Develops training content as needed.
- 4+ years’ experience in IT Security or equivalent combination of transferable experience and education.
- Advanced understanding of RBAC (role-based access controls), the principle of least privilege, the HIPAA standard of Minimum Necessary and the internal Segregation of Duties
- Advanced understanding of Information Security concepts, protocols, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements.
- Advanced proficiency with RACF, TSO and tools used to administer security on the mainframe
- Advanced proficiency with Active Directory groups and user accounts, Windows folder structures and folder security.
- Proficiency with Windows skills are required, e.g., Windows Explorer, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Advanced proficiency of UNIX/Linux security and tools used to administer security in these environments
- Advanced proficiency of LDAP groups and user accounts and tools used to administer security in this environment
- Advanced proficiency with database security and tools used to administer security within the various databases, e.g., UDB, DB2, SQL and Oracle
- Demonstrated expertise with security management tools and advanced security knowledge of the organization’s existing platforms
- In-depth knowledge of Information Technology field and computer systems
- Demonstrated analytical thinking, problem solving, quantitative analysis ability, organizational skills, change management, collaboration skills
- High critical thinking skills to evaluate alternatives and present solutions that are consistent with business objectives and strategy
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly and articulately
- Must have an understanding of the systems development life cycle
- Identity and Access Management experience
- 4+ year of related work experience or equivalent combination of transferable experience within IT Security
- HS Diploma or GED
How to ApplyFor immediate consideration, please send your resume directly to Lory Weir at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can view all of our open positions at www.hornetstaffing.com
43 total views, 1 today