Temporary IT – Infrastructure Design & Support – Security Threat Analyst
Job Type : Contract
Contract length: 07 Months
Pay Range : 53.92 – 53.92 $/Hr
- The IT Security Threat Analyst independently develops, maintains, and implements comprehensive information security monitoring programs including defining security policies, processes and standards for large and complex environments.
- Perform comprehensive threat analysis and recommends appropriate course of action, mitigation, and remediation.
- Provide consultative guidance on the development of information security strategies and programs through demonstrated expertise and knowledge of industry trends and changes with respect to advanced and sophisticated cyberattacks and threats.
- Lead efforts, oversee work results, provide formal training and serve as a technical resource for Information Security team members.
- The essential functions listed represent the major duties of this role, additional duties may be assigned.
- Independently, proactively and automatically correlates and analyzes threat data from various sources and analyzes network events to establish the identity and modus operandi of malicious users active in the computing environment or posing potential threats to the computing environment. Provides guidance and assistance to junior members of the team.
- Independently conducts industry research and technical evaluation of all-sources and vendor supplied intelligence–with specific emphasis on network operations and advanced and sophisticated cyber tactics, techniques, and procedures.
- Subject matter expert in the detection and identification of cyberattack signatures, tactics, techniques and procedures associated with advanced threats.
- Leads assessments and development of cyber threat profiles of current events based on collection, research and analysis of open source information.
- Leads root cause analysis of any monitoring alerts and threats identified by third-party vendor, or internal systems and workforce. Once root cause is determined, proposes and leads cross-departmental efforts, if required, to implement appropriate security controls and solutions that will mitigate risk and vulnerabilities, as well as safeguard our systems and data.
- Independently and proactively prepares detailed technical papers, presentations, recommendations, and findings for Management and other Technology Leaders.
- Develops and maintains documentation for security monitoring procedures and security diagrams.
- Leads the development of proposed design, configuration, and implementation of security monitoring architecture.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for team members, specializing in network security monitoring, host analysis, and log analysis
- Creates and leads initiatives to improve security monitoring operations center processes.
- Leads improvements discussions with third-party vendor regarding security monitoring functions.
- Proactively identifies company-wide program opportunities and works to implement solutions. Guides the direction of the overall information security monitoring and threat analysis program.
Required Work Experience:
- 5+ years related work experience. Experience Details: IT Security
- Related Bachelor’s degree or additional related equivalent work experience IT related field
Additional Required Qualifications:
- Demonstrated proficiencies in emerging technologies.
- Strong technical knowledge of security architecture, tools and controls with specific demonstrated experience in proactive detection, mitigation, and resolution of advanced cyberattacks and/or threats.
- Strong technical knowledge of security infrastructure including security firewalls, data loss prevention, encryption, and end point protection appliances and their logs.
- In-depth knowledge of information threat analysis and detection concepts and principles and impact.
- Experience working and managing vendor performance and service level agreements.
- Proven leadership abilities including effective knowledge sharing, conflict resolution, facilitation of open discussions, fairness and displaying appropriate levels of assertiveness.
- Proven ability to work under stress in emergencies with flexibility to handle multiple high-pressure situations simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate highly complex technical information clearly and articulately for all levels and audiences.
- Ability to manage tasks independently and take ownership of responsibilities.
- Ability to learn from mistakes and apply constructive feedback to improve performance.
- Strong customer focus with ability to manage customer expectations and experience and build long-term relationships.
- Strong team-oriented interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with a broad range of people and roles including vendors and IT-business personnel.
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment and quickly identify new trends and industry changes specific to security and advanced cyberattacks.
- High critical thinking skills required to evaluate complex, multi-sourced security intelligence information, analyze and confirm root cause, and independently identify mitigation alternatives and solutions that safeguard our technical environment.
- Preferred Licenses and Certifications
- CISSP – Cert Information Systems Security Prof Or CEH, CISM, CRISC, etc (required after 6 months of hire date if converted to FTE)
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience using Agile methodology
Ideal Candidates will have experience in 2 of the 3 below:
- Experience with Database Management/Monitoring
- Experience with SIEM Rule development
- Strong math skills (e.g. statistical analysis, Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics)
How to ApplyFor immediate consideration, please send your resume directly to Lory Weir at email@example.com. You can view all of our open positions at www.hornetstaffing.com
63 total views, 1 today