Full-Time IT Director Human Resources – 200001IF
Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world’s leading clean, engine technology. We’re also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Cummins is seeking an IT Director Human Resources. The ideal candidate is an influential and effective partner to the business. Has in depth experience in business change initiatives having a significant technology component and will be an innovative self-starter who is able to translate business needs into attainable plans. This individual will be able to understand the complexities of the organization, processes, information, and technologies then build future-state models to best realize the organization strategy. This individual will be able to act autonomously and actively bring forward ideas and recommendations to further the success of company and the Human Resource function and for Cummins, as an enterprise.
The IT Director role is to link the business mission, strategy, and processes of the organization to its IT strategy, and ensure how the current and future needs of an organization will be met in an efficient, sustainable, agile, and adaptable manner. The candidate will work with all business technology stakeholders, leadership and subject matter experts to build a holistic, technology agnostic view of the organization’s strategy, business processes and information assets. The candidate takes this knowledge and ensures that the Business and IT strategies remain in alignment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right.
Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
* Collaboratively drives innovation with stakeholders to enable business capabilities with the right information technology
* Well versed with Oracle and other current industry technology trends
* Responsible for developing IT strategy and roadmaps that align with business strategy and the enterprise IT strategy.
* Effectively teams with other IT and business leaders to ensure the realization of both business & IT strategies
* Translates technology discussions into business terms and articulate impacts as business scenarios
* Prioritize IT resources and manage constraints to maximize the delivery of business value
* Must understand and be willing to traverse the sometimes-complicated organization and political dynamics of a corporation and its business units
* Participate as a key member of a senior level IT Management Team.
* Responsible for a significant area within IT from a scope perspective
* Provide input to development of IT Strategies
* Responsible for team financial management including AOP, budget management, and forecasting
* Responsible for People Management including work plan development, performance management, and people development
* Responsible for team building and development including organization structure, recruiting, global team management
* Compile and present Management Reports on team performance including metrics, deliverable status, etc.
* Communicate status to senior management – IT and business
* Accountable for Six Sigma training, usage and goal attainment for the team
* Ensure team adherence to all IT processes, policies, and procedures including IT Security
* Responsible of IT Controls compliance for the team Engagement with customers in their respective function or business area
* Governance/Leadership for all program/projects executed or supported by their teams
Financial acumen – Interpreting and applying understanding of key financial indicators to make better business decisions.
Decision quality – Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
Ensures accountability – Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
Drives results – Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
Manages conflict – Handling conflict situations effectively, with a minimum of noise.
Develops talent – Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
Builds effective teams – Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
Communicates effectively – Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
Project Portfolio Management – Plans, prioritizes, sequences and manages one or more project portfolios utilizing analysis of portfolio risk and performance (diversification, value assurance assessment, company synergy, alignment, and long-term maintenance) to optimize and prioritize projects and maximize business value.
Strategic Roadmap Planning – Produces a high-level, multi-year product and capability roadmap utilizing internal and external business resource, asset and market knowledge and experience to communicate the organization’s focus and priorities to internal and external stakeholders.
Release Planning – Plans and manages the release of capabilities, features or products using inputs from the prioritized roadmap, planning, available resources and skills to communicate expected availability and releases of capability.
Project Resource Management – Develops resource (expense and headcount) plans using recommended project management tools and processes to manage resources effectively
Additional Relevant Information
* Currently the role has 2 direct reports with an opportunity to add to the team. Each of these direct reports have a team of 5 to 6 employees. These employees sit in the US and UK.
* Location is Columbus, IN; however, we understand and would not expect the candidate to move immediately to Indiana given current conditions (COVID and Cummins decision to pause domestic US relocation). We are comfortable with this role being filled remotely for a temporary period.
* Breadth of responsibility and key stakeholders/areas in HR: HR Ops, Compensation & Benefit, Talent Acquisition Management, Diversity & Inclusion
* College, university, or equivalent degree in Information Technology, Business or a related subject required.
* This position may require licensing for compliance with export controls or sanctions regulations.
* Minimum of 15 years of experience in Information Technology with 3 – 5 years leading managers in Information Technology
Compensation and Benefits
Base annual salary commensurate with experience plus annual variable compensation. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
How to ApplyTo apply for this position, please use the following URL: https://ars2.equest.com/?response_id=adbd9198d24176a70291f15d731b379f
97 total views, 2 today