Full-Time IT & Data Manager (Remote)
IT & Data Manager
Oversee the technology being used to transform the food industry
The Good Food Institute (GFI) is at the forefront of the movement to use food technology and markets to solve some of the world’s biggest problems, from climate change and global hunger to antibiotic resistance and the exploitation of billions of animals annually.
How You Will Make a Difference
In this role, you will have the opportunity to oversee GFI’s IT and data needs, shape our strategic data management, train team members to use technology, and ensure our technological foundations support our world-changing mission. The IT & Data Manager will be responsible for:
- Developing and implementing IT policies and best practices for the organization.
- Implementing IT and data security solutions across the organization (e.g., 2-step verification, protections against phishing attacks).
- Creating SOPs related to and training GFI team members on various systems, including Asana, Zoom, and Google Suite.
- Identifying and acting on opportunities to improve and update software and systems.
- Evaluating data and software needs and requests across the organization and providing strategic recommendations.
- Managing software implementation and other IT projects.
- Supporting the Information Systems Specialist in managing Salesforce and providing backup training and troubleshooting support.
- Creating and executing a strategy for managing hardware and software needs.
- Assisting team members with hardware and software-related issues and providing general help desk support.
- Developing and executing disaster procedures and maintaining data backups.
- Assisting with GDPR and other applicable privacy law compliance.
- Supervising the Information Systems Specialist (role is split part-time between the HR & Administration department and the Development department).
- Troubleshooting problems and providing technical support to users, as needed.
- Following all human resource and operational procedures.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Who We’re Looking For
The IT & Data Manager must have:
- An associates or bachelors degree in technology, computer science, or software development.
- 5 years of IT or management data experience (i.e. software developer or data analyst) and at least two years of supervisory experience.
- Experience with Google Suite, preferably as a Google Administrator.
- Experience with Salesforce, preferably as a Salesforce Administrator.
- Experience with WordPress a plus.
- Self-motivation and the ability to work well independently under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Scrupulous attention to detail and accuracy in data management.
- Proven problem-solving skills and a can-do attitude.
- Comfort working remotely and in a rapidly growing and evolving organization.
- Strong support for GFI’s philosophy and mission; demonstrated interest in public health, environmentalism, animal protection, or hunger relief.
We want the best people and we don’t want biases holding us back. We strongly encourage people of every color, orientation, age, gender, origin, and ability to apply. Because we value a diverse workplace, we prioritize an inclusive climate absent of discrimination and harassment during the application process and after you join the team.
The Fine Print
- Terms of employment: Full-time, exempt
- Reports to: Reannon Branchesi, Director of Human Resources and Administration
- Location: Remote; United States
- Benefits: Working from home, full medical coverage, optional dental and vision packages, a 401(k) retirement plan with employer match, flexible holiday and vacation plans, opportunity for advancement, respectful managers, and supportive colleagues.
- This is a U.S.-based position: We are only able to consider applicants who are United States citizens or who already possess a United States Worker Visa.
- Salary: $55,000-65,000
Application Deadline: July 28, 2019
How to ApplyPlease apply online at https://grnh.se/dd30a2c42
63 total views, 1 today