Full-Time Investment Associate
About Charter Impact Fund (CIF)
Charter Impact Fund (CIF) is a new nonprofit social impact fund that’s on a nationwide mission to help high-performing charter schools spend more of their funding on students and less on the costs of borrowing money for their buildings. We offer school leaders simple and much-needed access to low-cost, long-term loans, combined with support from an expert team that has walked in their shoes.
With significant long-term funding and an innovative strategy, CIF is about giving more of America’s students access to the outstanding education they deserve. We partner with the charter schools making the biggest difference for kids, providing them with funding and assistance to make an even bigger difference.
If you’re looking to have community-level impact on a national scale, apply to join our team.
The Investment Associate (IA) will have the exciting opportunity to make an immediate impact at CIF – and on the charter school sector as a whole – as a member of its founding team. The IA supports the Investment Principal and the entire CIF’s Investment Team. Our ideal candidate will energetically and enthusiastically approach the sometimes-ambiguous work of a startup, and contribute to building a collaborative, team-oriented culture of excellence.
The Investment Associate will be responsible for:
• Origination: Using CIF’s and the IP’s “investment lens,” support the Investment Principal with structuring and underwriting transactions and preparing for credit committee approval. Support the management of a dashboard to track school-related information such as location, project data, enrollment, performance, and long-term impact.
• Internal system development: Partner with other credit team members to develop systems, policies, and procedures for developing the portfolio, including origination, lending, and reporting.
• Organizational excellence: Participate in strategic planning and goal-setting process.
• Policy and research: Monitor proposed legislation and policy matters related to programs and services offered. Identify and support research efforts to advance programs and services.
Above all, our Investment Associate should be a driven, savvy, high achieving professional with some experience in the complicated mechanics of borrowing, lending, and charter school facilities. Other qualifications and qualities include:
• Possess an MBA or equivalent degree (e.g. MPA, MPP, CFA)
• 3-5+ years of overall professional experience
• 2+ years of experience in venture capital, private equity, investment banking, or investment management
• 2+ years of impact investing/nonprofit/school experience is preferred
• “Must Love Schools” — the ideal candidate will have a passion, interest & experience with schools or similar communities
• Experience with financial and operational due diligence of Charter Schools or similar entities is highly preferred
• Expertise in charter school facilities financing strongly preferred
• Top notch quantitative, financial modeling, and analysis skills are required
• Track record of meeting and exceeding aggressive goals
• Outstanding organizational and time management skills
• Extraordinary communication skills
• Ability to produce high-quality work products under tight deadlines
• Strong customer service orientation and ability to collaborate across functional areas
• Thrives when working in a fast-paced, evolving environment on complex, high-impact initiatives
• Highly detail- and team-oriented
• High degree of integrity and authenticity
Compensation and benefits
Compensation is competitive, commensurate with experience. We are proud to offer extraordinary benefits, including unlimited PTO, as well as medical coverage and a 401(k) match.
There are two roles being considered. The home office is in New York City.
The Investment Associate will report to the Investment Principal.
How to ApplyPlease Apply here: https://boards.greenhouse.io/charterimpactfund/jobs/4023135002
32 total views, 1 today