Temporary Internationally Educated Nurses, SPEP Program
Make a difference in a growing, innovative mental health organization and centre of excellence in people-centered care. Work with supportive colleagues who are passionate about improving lives and champions for quality and continuous learning.
Homewood Health has partnered with the College of Nurses of Ontario to support you in meeting evidence of practice and language proficiency requirements to become a registered professional in Ontario. If you are an internationally educated nurse and still need to meet these requirements, this opportunity is for you!
As an Internationally Educated Nurse participating in the Supervised Practice Experience Partnership (SPEP), you will be an integral part of a collaborative, inter-disciplinary team focused on delivering seamless services and programs to our clients and customers. SPEP enables you to work as a learner for a minimum of 140 hours, under the direct supervision of a preceptor, while you apply and develop your skills providing direct and indirect patient care in a supportive team environment.
If you are looking for a company that is constantly moving forward in pursuit of successful outcomes, get ready to love it here!
Job status: Temporary
What you’ll be doing:
You will be placed within a specific unit or program, integrated into the clinical team and provided mentoring and supervision by a regulated healthcare professional assigned to support and guide you as you demonstrate your knowledge, skills and capabilities within your assigned area.
Once officially registered by the CNO, you will move into a registered nursing role within the bargaining unit to:
- Provide nursing care to patients with addictions and/or a variety of mental health diagnoses
- Contribute to fluctuating patient care needs according to CNO standards, RNAO Best Practice Guidelines, specific program philosophy and diversified patient populations
- Receive patient assignments and follow care plans
- Administer psychiatric and non-psychiatric medications and treatments
- Initiate clinical assessments following admission and at various other times, eg. Mental Status Exam
- Engage with interdisciplinary teams and individual team members as appropriate
- Participate in clinical discussions, team meetings and patient/family conferences
What we’re looking for:
- Evidence of participation in, or qualification for, the Supervised Practice Experience Partnership as found on CNO Registration Portal
- Evidence of international nursing education and experience
- Ability to effectively manage crisis situations and deal with acutely ill patients
- Strong interpersonal skills and respectful communication style with patients, families and staff
- Ability to work independently and within a multi-disciplinary team
- Proficient computer skills and comfortable learning new systems
- Flexibility with respect to work schedule
- The following would be an asset but are not required:
- Knowledge of the Mental Health Act (MHA), documentation standards (CNO), and privacy legislation (PHIPA)
- Previous training in mental health nursing, boundaries, suicide awareness and medication administration
- Knowledge of Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) and experience with group facilitation
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our patients, staff and community from COVID-19, subject to any accommodation required by applicable human rights legislation, Homewood Health Centre requires that all staff have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.
Why work with us
Homewood Health is Canada’s largest and leading service provider for medically focused, evidence-based treatment of mental health and addiction disorders. Our organizational culture values service excellence, integrity, collaboration and innovation. Our people make a difference!
As an equal opportunity employer, Homewood Health is committed to employment accessibility, diversity, equity and inclusion. For this reason, we encourage applications from members of equity-seeking groups including women, racialized and indigenous communities, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities/expressions.
Join us at Homewood Health™ and be part of a diverse team helping Canadians live healthier, more productive and fulfilling lives.
How to ApplyTo apply for this role, please click here: https://recruiting.ultipro.ca/HOM5002HOHC/JobBoard/cfc8f21b-a106-4226-93ae-f72a5a54572e/Opportunity/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=359a4f4a-70a2-4557-98f1-6d6db8a095d5
65 total views, 2 today