Full-Time International Student Advisor
Wanting to spread your wings not only with what you know but also who you know? Let me offer up this opportunity to perform both all rolled into one.
Supporting our international students new to the country or even those who’ve been here staying up to date with laws, regulations & all requirements for them to continue. You need to be eager to learn much of the position through your love of the written word. Being able to understand regulations & laws that are not in plain language will give you a leg up also. Being culturally aware & keeping that at the forefront of your meetings will help you be successful. You can travel far in life with this position in more ways than one, so apply to start that trip!
Summary of Responsibilities
Provides advising and information to international students and the community regarding F-1 immigration regulations and University policies and resources. Serves as the Designated School Official (DSO) in the updating of the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) database in compliance with Department of Homeland Security (DHS) regulations.
- Serve as a Designated School Official (DSO) and ensures compliance with Department of Homeland Security (DHS) rules and regulations.
- Advises students on federal, state and local requirements to maintain their status in the United States.
- Works with SEVIS and internal database to issue I-20s, process registrations, address updates, and student requests for employment. Monitors SEVIS alerts and communicates with students as needed.
- Coordinate with academic advisors to ensure international student enrollment and academic progress is in compliance with immigration regulations.
- Serve as a representative, advocate, and/or spokesperson for international students in dealing with other campus departments and community members.
High school diploma or equivalent by hire date
Two (2) years of experience in student services or a related field
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive matters with discretion.
Demonstrates cross-cultural sensitivity.
- Ability to build and sustain effective professional and courteous interpersonal relationships with a diverse constituency of faculty, staff, and students.
- Proficient with multi-tasking while maintaining a professional, customer-orientated demeanor in a faced paced environment.
- Requires a U.S. citizen or permanent resident as required by law for this position.
Pay rate is $34,298/yr
How to ApplyTo apply: https://jobs.wichita.edu/postings/29168
134 total views, 1 today