Full-Time Innovation Studio Operations Manager
Why work for Dawn Foods?
PEOPLE. PRODUCTS. CUSTOMERS.
Why should you apply? We invest in you!
- Industry-leading health insurance on Day 1!
- Competitive Pay
- 401(K) + company match
- 10 Paid Company Holidays
- 3 weeks PTO
- Professional training
- Family-owned business over 100 years in service
- An opportunity for career advancement, working as part of an empowering workforce.
This is an onsite position at our Jackson, MI facility.
About the Job
The Innovation Studio Operations Manager responsibilities include maintaining the Innovation Studio’s revenue, profitability and quality goals including day-to-day operations, facility, and staffing. This position will ensure efficient Innovation Studio operations and will plan and support functions including customer visits, photo shoots, internal and external meetings and trainings, and other events. This includes successful and enthusiastic Innovation Studio event planning to produce events from conception through to completion including providing outstanding customer service and organizing memorable events that meet or exceed quality expectations.
What Does It Take to be an Innovation Studio Operations Manager at Dawn Foods?
- 5 years of relevant work experience and High School or GED required.
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality management or related field preferred.
- Basic mechanical skills required.
- Knowledge of plumbing, HVAC, and other building systems highly preferred.
- Prior facilities, restaurant or hotel management experience required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to speak with all levels of employees, guests, vendors, and team members.
- Excellent time management skills, organization, and prioritization skills.
- Keen attention to detail and efficient problem-solving skills.
- ServSafe Manager certification or ability to be certified within the first 30 days of employment.
- Familiarity with purchasing functions in SAP or similar ERP platforms. This position provides support for purchasing needs for the NA Marketing department.
- Experience in a baking or food and beverage operational position required. Baking and pastry experience highly preferred.
- High level of computer literacy.
- Ability to work flexible schedule when the business demands- most days/times are within normal working hours.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
Facility Management Responsibilities
- Delegating cleaning and maintenance tasks to team members and cleaning vendors.
- Vendor management for contracted services for the Innovation Studio, including competitive bids, contract negotiation and PO set up and monitoring.
- Cost management for operating expenses within a budgeted framework.
- Monitoring the safety and cleanliness of interior and exterior areas of the Innovation Studio.
- Scheduling routine inspections and emergency repairs with outside vendors.
- Ensuring proper security measures for the workplace, including collaborating with security system vendors and Dawn Foods Safety Team.
- Maintaining day-to-day operations of the IS building and grounds.
- Creating reports on maintenance, food and occupational safety and other occurrences for supervisors and other relevant staff.
- Preparing facilities for changing weather conditions.
- Collaborating with Dawn leadership teams on budgeting for building and technology needs in both regular operational maintenance and capital expenditures.
- Function as “person-in-charge” for regulatory purposes including Food Service Licensing inspections.
- Successfully represent Dawn Foods and the Innovation Studio to guests in a manner that exceeds expectations. This position fills the role of on-site “host” for events that occur at the Innovation Studio.
- Develops local and regional knowledge of caterers and other specialty vendors as needed to maintain food, beverage and hospitality needs of the Innovation Studio.
- Book and remit for all outside catering and other purchasing to support IS events both for hospitality and culinary team ingredients and supplies.
- Maintains shared calendars and detailed event planning notes for the Innovation Studio.
- Initiates contact with internal and external hosts and guests to ensure seamless planning in advance of event dates.
- Ensures that team members consistently deliver Dawn Foods hospitality to every guest, every time.
- Ensures “show level” facility and amenity standards are always maintained.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with clients, guests, and Dawn team members.
- Regularly obtains feedback from clients and guests to improve operations.
- Acts as the on-site expert in technology solutions (current and future) to support high quality hybrid meetings.
What You’ll Do as an Innovation Studio Operations Manager
- Ensuring the integrity, accuracy, and timeliness of all financial data.
- Completes advanced month end close responsibilities and monthly balance sheet account reconciliations, proactively bringing resolution to reconciling items.
- Ability to work closely with our international finance teams to ensure appropriate consolidation, provide transactional accounting guidance when needed, and assist/lead special projects to improve the efficiency and accuracy of our processes and controls.
- Position may assist in technical reviews of company transactions for appropriate accounting treatment. The ability to research, comprehend, and apply these accounting standards and/or accounting standards updates is important for this role.
- Supports the monthly and annual preparation of financial statements for external reporting.
- Supports the documentation and maintenance of accounting policies and procedures.
- Responds to financial inquiries by gathering, analyzing, summarizing, and interpreting data.
- Performs analyses that are complex and varied in nature to present solutions and results for Dawn’s most highly complex problems, projects, and initiatives.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of leadership throughout Dawn. This position must be seen by other Team Members as a knowledgeable business partner.
- Takes initiative and executes independently, while seeking supervisor support when necessary to achieve task, department, or company objectives.
- Demonstrates the “Dawn Values” of Team Dawn and supports the Circle of Excellence.
- Other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and frequently lift and/or move 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus.
Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here.
About Our Benefits
Dawn is proud to employ the top talent in the baking industry, and we reward our people with comprehensive health and well-being coverage, competitive compensation packages, and award-winning benefit offerings. We also help protect your future financial health with a generous 401(k) matching program that provides additional retirement funds and many tools and resources on financial wellness. Dawn encourages professional growth through tuition assistance and educational programs, and we are always searching for ways to improve our industry-leading services and benefits.
About Dawn Foods
Dawn Foods provides high-quality bakery solutions to customers around the globe. With unmatched manufacturing and distribution capabilities, we bring together the knowledge, commitment, and innovation our customers deserve.
Compensation Range: $74,590- $116,360 with bonus incentive
How to ApplyPlease formally apply by clicking on the following link: https://jobs.dawnfoods.com/job-invite/34703/
48 total views, 0 today