Full-Time Information Security Officer
Information Security Officer – Alpharetta, GA
at New Signature
Join a team of passionate thought leaders in a dynamic and collaborative environment! New Signature’s Information & Cyber Security team is growing fast and we’re looking for our next Information Security Officer to join us.
What impact will you have in this role?
The Information Security Officer is responsible for ensuring appropriate controls are in place for the security of New Signature’s information assets. The Information Security Officer safeguards information by highlighting risks, assessing the criticality of those risks and ensuring that they are accurately reported. The Information Security Officer is a leader within the organization as to providing an advisory service role and acting as a focal point for security and compliance related activities and responsibilities. This position will play a key role in managing the company’s security posture, developing IT security policies, and forming controls over the company’s information.
In this position, we a looking for someone who can work both with the technical side of our environments as well as the policy side.
What will you be doing day-to-day?
- Assist in enforcing enterprise-wide information security policies and procedures. Ensure policies and procedures are communicated to all applicable personnel and compliance is enforced on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure appropriate administrative, physical and technical safeguards are in place to protect New Signature’s information assets from internal and external threats
- Perform projects that span both technical and security workstreams to ensure the advancement of New Signature’s security posture.
- Meticulously identify, introduce, and implement appropriate procedures, including checks and balances, to test these safeguards regularly.
- Monitor threats and take preventive measures as needed. This may include monitoring and responding to specific security vulnerabilities and any intrusion-based threats within the New Signature environment, network, host systems or proprietary applications.
- Identify, control and report on incidents. Participate in security incident response activities and any technical investigations of security-related incidents. Review investigations after incidents, performing impact analysis and providing recommendations to executives around how to prevent similar incidents.
- Thoroughly conduct and complete annual reviews and audits engaging both internal business partners across the organization and external resources.
- Passionately manage and assist in performing ongoing security monitoring of information systems including assessing information security risk through qualitative risk analysis.
- Conducting functional and gap analyses to determine the extent to which key business areas and infrastructure comply with statutory and regulatory requirements,
- Evaluating and recommending new information security technologies and countermeasures against threats to information or privacy and developing security reports and dashboards.
- Brief applicable teams on risk status. Communicate with stakeholders throughout the business around security threats.
- Ensure compliance with the changing laws and applicable regulations, while also maintaining a current understanding of the larger security threat landscape of the industry.
- Assist with proposing, evaluating and deploying solutions to manage information security risk in line with New Signature’s larger risk reduction strategy.
- Complete audits, survey, questionnaires and other data request from partners, customers, vendors and auditors.
- Ensure that disaster recovery and business continuity plans are in place and tested regularly.
- Advise and approve on the design of security systems and controls while scheduling/managing periodic third-party security audits for independent review.
- Interface with customers, business partners and other third parties it relates to information security.
- Manage employees, contractors and vendors involved in enterprise security, which may include evaluating, hiring, terminating, performance tracking, awareness and training as needed.
- Provide training and mentoring to New Signature security team members.
What experience do you need to be successful in this role?
- Strong knowledge and understanding of security policies, audits, governance and risk compliance frameworks including industry and security best practices e.g. ISO27001, CIS, etc.
- Able to apply leadership in Information Security with strong strategic and business acumen.
- Have a strong understanding of advanced threat detections, continuous vulnerability assessment, response and mitigation strategies used in Cyber Security operations
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware/software systems.
- Expertise in data centre management and data governance including Firewall functionality, encryption, host and network intrusion detection systems.
- Proven experience of threat assessment and vulnerability management across complex business structures
- Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network deployment.
- Strong analytical with exceptional verbal and written communications skills – must have the ability to articulate technical knowledge and understanding to non-technical audiences.
What education and certification credentials are needed for this role?
- Around 5 years’ experience in the IT Security field
- Around 5 years’ experience in the IT Operations field
- Significant experience working in a fast-paced environment with constantly shifting priorities.
Does the role require travel?
All employees must act in accordance with New Signature’s corporate security standards.
ABOUT NEW SIGNATURE
New Signature is a cloud-first, full-service Microsoft partner committed to delivering innovative technology solutions that solve human challenges. Behind every interaction is our dedication to provide outstanding experiences and to build authentic relationships with those around us. We are passionate about driving transformational results for clients across all company sizes, geographies and industries. The New Signature team delivers full lifecycle solutions—from project inception and planning, through deployment to ongoing support and maintenance.
New Signature was named the top Microsoft partner in the United States and the United Kingdom in 2014 and again in the United States in 2015—becoming the first partner ever to win the prestigious US Partner of the Year award two years in a row. With over 600 individual technology certifications, New Signature is a recognized expert at the forefront of Microsoft advancements and couples these powerful technologies with exceptional services to empower our customers, colleagues, and community.
OUR CORE VALUES
Our employees are driven by our values and know that they make a positive difference every time that they help a customer to solve their challenges. Our focus on delivering great customer experiences empowers our people to build rewarding relationships that contribute to our positive work environment. You can learn more about our culture here: New Signature Culture
We use our hearts and minds to collaborate for success.
We harness technology to drive business, but we never let that replace our human connections. We use our hearts and minds to collaborate for success and instill confidence in our customers through relationships forged from trust.
We are giving and respectful.
With our efforts to always be generous, we elevate our service level with empathetic and considerate communications and actions. We always find a way to support our customers and colleagues by giving of our time and talent and equally respecting the time and talent of others.
We tell it as it is, with positive intent.
Being authentic helps to nurture our strong and trusted relationships. We are honest, transparent, and reliable. When you partner with New Signature, you are partnering with a group of purposeful, outcome-driven and results-oriented professionals.
We push the boundaries at the intersection of people, process and technology.
For us, there are no limit to our dreams. We continually innovate and push boundaries at the intersection of people, process, and technology to bring our customers and colleagues the best solutions first.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
As a Global Cloud Transformation Consultancy business, New Signature understands diversity and inclusion in the workplace brings benefits to our customers, our business and most importantly, our people. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and we provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment.
New Signature prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other factors protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including all aspects of the recruiting and employment life-cycle at New Signature.
New Signature requires the candidate to prove eligibility to work in the United States or Canada (depending on the location of the job) within three days of being employed. All final candidates will be asked to complete a background check in both the US and Canada. These record checks can include any or all of the following: education verification, employment verification, drug screening and criminal record check. Positions that require significant travel may also require a driving record check.
For US Applicants: New Signature is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is a web-based system that allows enrolled employers to confirm the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States. E-Verify employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees by electronically matching information provided by employees on the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, against records available to the Social Security Administration (SSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). E-Verify is only used upon acceptance of a job offer and completion of the Form I-9.
If you require this notice in another language provided by DHS, please contact us at 202.452.5923
Click here for more information on Your Right to Work or Visit the USCIS website here for more information on E-Verify
How to Applyhttps://newsignature.com/job/4118761003/?gh_jid=4118761003
65 total views, 1 today