Temporary Human Resources Consultant Assistant 1 – Part-Time
Clark College is currently accepting applications for a part-time, temporary hourly Human Resources Consultant Assistant 1. This position serves as a primary point of contact for Human Resources by providing a variety of Human Resources and College information to employees, students, and the public and performing specialized technical and clerical support. All faculty and staff hired at Clark College are encouraged to embrace, continually support and enhance social equity on our campus and in our community.
Clark College is an equal opportunity employer. Protected group members are strongly encouraged to apply. Clark College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age perceived or actual physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, creed, religion, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or use of a trained guide dog or service animal. The college considers equal opportunity, affirmative action, and non-discrimination to be fundamental to the mission, core themes, and objectives of the college. Questions regarding the College’s Affirmative Action Policy may be directed to the Director of Human Resources, (360) 992-2105.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Serve as the primary point of contact for the Human Resources department.
• Filing and maintaining personnel Paperwork.
• Provide clerical support to the Human Resources Department.
• Process incoming/outgoing mail.
• Perform related duties as required.
Position Requirements and Competencies:
Candidates will be evaluated based on application materials, including the supplemental questions and personal interview(s), and will be required to demonstrate competencies in the following areas:
• Education: high school graduation or equivalent.
• Experience: one year or more of front desk clerical experience. Experience in higher education and/or Human Resources is preferred.
• Customer Service: provides accurate and consistent service that meets or exceeds the needs of faculty, administrators, colleagues, and the college community.
• Computer Skills: experience using Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, Outlook) or comparable software/systems.
• Interpersonal Communication and Problem Solving Skills: effectively builds and maintains strong relationships in a diverse work environment. Complete daily expectations efficiently and with foresight of the process ahead in order to prepare for and solve difficult or complicated challenges through competent intelligence, common sense, tenacity and forethought. Ability to maintain strict confidentiality while providing guidance and support to members of the Human Resources team.
• Coordination and Organization Skills: effectively organize and strategically prioritize workflow.
Job Readiness/Working Conditions:
• Ability to work well with people of all ages from academically, culturally, and socioeconomically diverse backgrounds.
• Ability and willingness to effectively manage multiple tasks with competing priorities.
• Willingness and ability to be flexible in work hours if needed.
• Ability to work with confidential information and maintain confidentiality.
• Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.
Starting Salary: $15.16/Hour Range: 35/A Code: 123E
Required application materials must be completed and submitted online by 3 p.m., April 10th, 2019.
REQUIRED ONLINE APPLICATION MATERIALS:
• Clark College online application
• Current resume
• Responses to the supplemental questions included in the online application process
Please apply online at www.clark.edu/jobs
To contact Clark College Human Resources, please call (360) 992-2105.
Upon request, accommodations are available to persons with disabilities for the application process. Contact Human Resources at (360)992-2105 or by video phone at (360)991-0901.
The security of all the members of the campus community is of vital concern to Clark College. Information regarding crime prevention advice, the authority of the Security/Safety Department, policies concerning reporting of any crimes which may occur on the campus, and crime statistics for the most recent 4-year period may be requested from the Clark College Security/Safety Department, (360) 992-2133. The most recent Annual Security Report can be viewed here: http://www.clark.edu/campus-life/student-support/security/report.php
If you are hired, you will need proof of identity, and documentation of U.S. citizenship or legal authorization to work.
CORRECTIONS OR EXTENDED NOTICES
Corrected or extended notices will be posted online and in the Human Resources Office.
Clark College Human Resources
March 27th, 2019
How to ApplyPlease apply online at www.clark.edu/jobs
274 total views, 1 today