Full-Time HR Manager
Imagine knowing the work you do is changing the face of the healthcare system in Canada. That’s what we do every day at Verto Health, create technology solutions that facilitate access to quality healthcare regardless of geographic location.
Who we are
Verto Health’s Digital Twin platform supports virtual care, streamlines data collection, allows for coordination between healthcare facilities, and acts as a patient engagement hub. Founded in 2017, our goal is to bring Canadian Healthtech to the global stage. Our mission is to build software that delivers improved patient outcomes and experience.
In September 2020, we partnered with McMaster HealthLabs (MHL) to use our technology to facilitate a pilot project to test thousands of travellers a day arriving in Canada for COVID-19. As a result of this successful pilot, and renewed commitment from Air Canada and the GTAA, we’re excited to respond to the demand for well-managed, secure, rapid testing. Read more about the pilot project here.
We are growing our team so we can expand our impact. We are hiring people who share our passion for improving care access, cost and quality using technology.
Who we need
Reporting to Anna Millar, our CFO, we are searching for our first HR Manager. This is an opportunity to join us during an exciting period of growth. As we scale, we need someone who wants to own and be hands-on, creating and executing a recruitment and retention strategy, an onboarding program, and a performance management and recognition matrix. As a people champion, you will work with our CEO and other managers to ensure our culture and values continue to inspire our teams. This is a chance to step into an HR Manager role and build out your purpose, your work, and your influence. You will have access to a leadership team that is accessible, open-minded, and dedicated to fostering a people-first organization.
What’s in it for you
Purpose. Our passion for sustainability and innovation fuels our desire to build software that tackles healthcare’s significant inefficiencies, including chronic care management, care virtualization, and personalized patient experiences. Everyone who works here is driven by the desire to make a difference. You will be part of our mission and our culture.
Influence. We are scaling and have reached a point where we need to formalize our HR function. Joining us now is a chance to make a significant contribution to our present, our future, our programs, and our culture. You’ve taken the HR journey and you bring a range of lessons learned. This is an opportunity to build out HR in an optimal way the first time. You will have the autonomy to implement best practices, services, and programs that align with our values and prioritize the wellbeing of our people.
Career development. We have a deep commitment to training with defined pathways for advancement and continuous development. You will be mentored by our CFO, whose professional superpower is vision building. You will be supported in your growth, from onboarding to expanding your leadership strengths. With support from our Fractional Senior HR Consultant, you will be given the autonomy to build out your role and that of HR. You will be part of a company that rewards and recognizes merit and creates new opportunities for advancement.
How you will make an impact
As an HR Manager at Verto, you will be responsible for recommending, creating, and administering Human Resources best practices, services, and programs that align with the Company’s values and strategic business priorities. Keeping the company vision and core values forefront, you will:
- Design and implement a diverse and inclusive end-to-end recruitment strategy. You will work with leaders to identify and solve gaps in staff and skills, coordinate internships, manage posting, interviews, and offers.
- Create onboarding and training. You will design, develop, and roll out an exceptional, engaging program that empowers and orients both onsite and remote employees. You will optimize our existing employee training program, identifying training needs within the organization, and implementing professional development strategies and pathways to support our emphasis on continuous learning. You will build out our Leadership Development program.
- Create and roll out a performance management plan. You will collaborate with team leaders to understand skills and objectives, determine and weigh success markers. You will manage review and recognition programs. You will oversee employee relations, including coaching, conflict resolution, disciplinary procedures, terminations, and investigations.
- Introduce technology. You will support the selection, implementation, training, and rollout of an HRIS. You will maximize HR efficiency using the system to document and maintaining policies and processes, records, staff data, reports, recommendations.
- Manage compensation and benefits. You will ensure our total compensation offerings and initiatives are competitive, ensuring compliance. You will manage the bonus plan and the benefits plan.
- Promote and reflect our culture. You will drive our cultural program and work with culture champions to design and promote diverse and inclusive virtual (and onsite when permitted) events highlighting who we are as a team.
- Oversee the HR function. You will:
- Request, evaluate, and engage third-party expertise in HR subdomains as needed.
- Lead and promote a company-wide Health and Safety Program that ensures all safety standards are met and exceeded as outlined in the Company Safety Manual.
- Define and coordinate HR metrics, data analysis, and reporting to determine the organization’s most critical areas for operational development and improvement.
- Manage organizational development including legal compliance, change management programs, and organizational effectiveness.
What you bring
- The education. You have a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Psychology, Business, or a related field.
- The experience. You have 5+ years of experience in HR across different sectors and organizational sizes, including a startup or scaleup. You are an HR Generalist with experience leading and driving people and policy initiatives; efficiently using an HRIS and other People Operations systems and tools; and managing the employee lifecycle. You are ready and willing to be both hands-on and heads-down in the operations processes while partnering strategically with leadership on people engagement.
- The hands-on HR knowledge. You understand the nature of a scaling organization and have implemented and improved strategies and programs based on evolving needs.
- The passion. You want to build your career with a growing company and see the long term impact of the strategies you implement. You believe in the power of well-thought-out plans, strong relationships built on trust and creating an employee value proposition that encompasses both practical and cultural benefits to attract and retain the best talent.
- The drive. You are willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done, no matter how big or small. You can work independently and effectively in a fast-paced (remote) environment, juggling several projects with a spirit of flexibility and a positive outlook.
- The collaboration skills. You can gain trust, influence decisions, implement processes, and foster an inclusive culture. You have the people and conflict management skills to overcome challenging issues and help managers build high-performing teams.
- The analytical mindset. You have strong evidence-based decision-making abilities, with the ability to research and analyze data, leverage available resources, and present solutions. You have excellent judgment and can make thoughtful decisions as a creative problem solver.
- The heroics. You have a professional superpower. It could be the ability to focus on the user experience above all else like our Director of Product, Mahmoud, or Kristy our VP Clinical Implementations relationship-building finesse, or our CEO Michael’s ability to know precisely when you are having fun (which you should be) and when you aren’t.
How to ApplyPlease, apply here with your resume: https://bit.ly/3qQnpW6 Our culture, our team Our Founder and CEO firmly believes that helping transform healthcare with technology should be fun and Nerd friendly and if you share that belief, you are going to love working here. We are a team of 30+ passionate Health Informaticians and Technologists enthusiastically and tirelessly helping more than 50 hospitals, clinics, and long-term care facilities deliver improved patient outcomes and patient experience. We take a team approach to everything we do, with transparency and access across the board. If you have a question, anyone here is ready to answer it. Need help? We've got you covered. Looking to explore another domain of the company or technology? We promote from within and support your growth with in-house developed education and pathways. Our diversity is our strength and we are proud to enable a work culture that encourages people to laugh, have fun, and build relationships, while maintaining a work-life balance. At Verto, we are redefining what it means to be passionate about healthcare: We are Bold, Impactful, Transparent, Trustworthy, and Effective. Join us If you have 70% of the qualifications we are looking for and you know you can make a difference, we encourage you to express your interest. We can’t promise it will be a fit, but we do promise to consider your experience. Verto Health welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please, apply here with your resume: https://bit.ly/3qQnpW6
72 total views, 1 today