Full-Time Higher Executive Officer – Front Line Manager
Are you a talented management professional, striving to be a dynamic leader of the future? If so, HMRC wants you!
As one of Europe’s leading tax authorities and the institution responsible for funding the entirety of the UK’s public services, HMRC’s managers need to personify its values: Innovation, Integrity, Professionalism, and Respect; consequently, you’ll need to live and work by this mantra, instilling it in your teams and colleagues.
As a manager in HMRC’s Customer Compliance Group, you’ll be a proactive leader who guides, motivates, and encourages your team and junior manager’s to achieve their best. You’ll also have a knack for spotting talent and be an innovative thinker and planner, aiming to continuously improve for the success of yourself, your team, and the department.
You’ll be responsible for:
• Making leadership interventions and decisions – working with a wide variety of colleagues across the organisation, planning and solving problems collaboratively, towards shared goals;
• Setting the standards of performance and attendance, and maintaining them, providing timely feedback to your team;
• Encouraging change;
• Monitoring quality and providing training to enable improvement as needed;
• Managing real-time targets and standards information;
• Utilising communication and management techniques to produce quality outcomes, challenging negativity and rewarding positive contributions and achievements;
• Providing accurate forecasts and plans to meet business needs by facilitating effective use of resource.
Your team will be diverse and inclusive, and you’ll be interacting with a varied and multicultural customer and stakeholder base, so strong people skills and an all-encompassing outlook are a must.
Being a manager comes with the need to put the business first, managing the expectations of your team. Your own positivity, fortitude, and integrity is essential in fulfilling this responsibility, as well as developing the skills and reputation required of a career leader and role model. This role can serve as the challenging and rewarding next rung up the ladder, enabling you to climb ever closer towards your long-term career ambitions.
We offer competitive pay, good benefits, and career opportunities. So, if you’re a natural leader and a strong communicator, as well as flexible, determined, supportive, and driven, this role is perfect for you!
We’ll assess you against these competencies during the selection process:
Leading and communicating
Making effective decisions
Building capability for all
Delivering at pace
You must provide evidence against the following on your application form:
Leading and communicating
How to ApplyPlease apply via Civil Service jobs and search job reference 1614139
99 total views, 1 today