Full-Time Help Desk Technician
Help Desk Technician
Lake Washington Institute of Technology
Salary: $3,480.00 – $3,876.00 Monthly
Job Type: Full-Time Permanent
Job Number: 23C005
Location: Kirkland, WA
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Located just outside of Seattle, WA, Lake Washington Institute of Technology (LWTech) was founded in 1949, and is the only public institute of technology in Washington State, that provides students with the latest cutting edge skills relevant to today’s workplace. LWTech offers ten applied bachelor’s degrees, more than 41 associate degrees and 93 professional certificates, in 43 areas of study, including STEM-focused programs in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math. LWTech serves the Eastside and is located within the city of Kirkland, which is situated on the eastern shore of Lake Washington. Kirkland is home to companies such as GoDaddy, Google, Astronics and EvergreenHealth, and the college is within minutes from Microsoft and Nintendo.https://www.lwtech.edu/about/our-story/mission/LWTech is committed to increasing its cultural diversity with an emphasis on equity and inclusion among its staff and faculty. We serve a student population of 6,500 that come from a variety of backgrounds. We strongly value diversity and are working to improve access and successful educational outcomes for all students. We are actively seeking applicants that will help to balance our employee workforce to align with our students and community. Questions regarding the College’s commitment to diversity and our campus culture may be directed to Human Resources. For more information on our Equity, Diversity, Inclusion Council, please click on the https://www.lwtech.edu/about/diversity/edi-council/.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide excellent customer service to college employees regarding information technology services (ITS). Serve as first point of contact for ITS help requests. Perform basic technical tasks for client applications, databases, computer hardware and software products, networks, or telecommunications software or hardware. This is a non-exempt, classified position that reports to the IT Service Manager.
• Serve as first point of contact for help desk requests from employees by phone, email, online, or in person
• Provide initial technical assistance; escalate requests to next level ITS or partner assistance as appropriate
• Create, prioritize by rule, track, refer, escalate, report status, and close help requests
• Perform account management for all college systems administered by information technology services, including adding, changing, reactivating, disabling, and deleting users
• Provide procedural assistance to college employees who request services from information technology services
• Provide quotes to college employees for equipment and vendor services per contract terms
• Track equipment for repair or warranty work; track newly arrived assets, update records, surplus old assets; track inventory control of software licenses, hardware, parts, tools and supplies
• Update information on information technology services web page, including system status dashboard
• Provide limited support for Windows, MS Office, web browser, and other common desktop applications
• Provide limited direct support and referrals to students working in college labs and public spaces; as assigned, monitor the work of assigned work studies, interns, and volunteers
• Follow IT security procedures at all times; inform and assist college employees with IT security procedures
• As training allows, provide backup to other college employees who function as system administrators
• Regular and satisfactory attendance and punctuality
• Other duties as assigned
• High school diploma or equivalent required; education and training that includes basic computer troubleshooting, desktop computer operating systems and applications, internet concepts and usage, customer service
• Experience providing responsive customer support with a calm and professional manner, preferably in information technology or other technical capacity
• Strong organization skills; detail oriented; ability to troubleshoot, analyze and resolve problems
• Excellent written, verbal, and email communication skills; demonstrated ability to serve as a bridge between technology-fluent employees and others
• Due to the diversity of the college population, we encourage applicants who are multilingual
Compensation & Work Schedule:This is a classified position that typically works 40 hours per week. Working hours may vary but are typically between the hours of 10:00am to 7:00pm Monday through Friday. Schedule to be determined by supervisor. This is a union-covered position.As defined by the current classified bargained agreement, newly hired employees shall be placed between Step C $3,480 and Step F $3,876 of the salary schedule in Appendix A of the Classified Union Bargaining Agreement. Employees hired with an associate degree will be placed at minimum of step D. Employees hired with a bachelor’s or master’s degree will be placed at minimum of step E. Ongoing (Step G- Step M) step advancement is defined by the classified bargained agreement. Salary placement for current classified employees is per the classified bargained agreement. The Classified Bargained Agreement and Appendix can be found https://www.lwtech.edu/about/human-resources/contracts/. Benefits:Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability and other insurance benefits are provided as currently administered under Public Employees Benefits Board, State Retirement Plan and a Deferred Compensation Plan; sick leave accrues at 1 day effective upon employment and vacation accrues at 12 days (up to 23 days) per year. We also offer 13 paid holidays effective upon employment and 4 paid personal days after successful completion of the probation period. Full time, classified employees have access to bereavement leave, employee assistance program, free tuition, reduced childcare costs at our Early Learning Center, reduced Bus Fare, professional development opportunities and more! For further details on the benefits offered at LWTech, please visit: https://www.lwtech.edu/about/human-resources/benefits/Required Online Application Materials
• Online application
• Current resume
• Cover letter
• Responses to the supplemental questions included in the online application process
To be considered for a position you MUST submit a complete online application form, resume, cover letter, responses to the supplemental questions included in the online application process.
Conditions of Employment
• Official transcripts/certifications will be required upon employment
• Other conditions that may apply will be detailed upon the offer of employment
• Job offers are contingent upon successful completion of background/reference checks
Ability to perform range of physical motions; lifting and carrying; standing, walking, sitting for long periods of time, kneeling, squatting, and stooping; and traversing up and down stairs.
Disability AccommodationLWTech follows the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and provides the following information as a guideline for applicants:
• Ability to operate office equipment
• Ability to read and verify data and prepare various materials
• Ability to exchange information on the phone or in person
Eligibility to Work
If you are hired, you will need proof of identity, and documentation of U.S. citizenship or legal authorization to work
Lake Washington Institute of Technology is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minority groups are strongly encouraged to apply. Lake Washington Institute of Technology does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, creed, disabled veteran status, marital status or Vietnam-era veteran status in is programs and activities. Questions regarding the College’s Affirmative Action Policy may be directed to the Meena Park, Vice President of Human Resources, Affirmative Action Office/Title IX Coordinator, (425) 739-8212.
Jeanne Clery Statement
Notice of Availability of Annual Security and Fire Safety Report: In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act of 1998, and as a part of the College’s commitment to safety and security on campus, Lake Washington Institute of Technology(LWTech) reports the mandated information about current campus policies concerning safety and security issues, the required statistics, and other related information for the past three (3) calendar years. LWTech’s Annual Safety Report (ASR) is available online at www.lwtech.edu/about/campus-safety/.
To obtain a paper copy of the report, please visit the LWTech Safety Department located in the East Building at 11605 132nd Avenue NE Kirkland, WA 98034.
Pursuant to RCW 28B.112.080, applicants must declare whether they are the subject of any substantiated findings of sexual misconduct in any current or former employment or is currently being investigated for, or have left a position during an investigation into, a violation of any sexual misconduct policy at the applicant’s current or past employers. By law, post-secondary education institutions cannot hire an applicant who does not complete this form.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/4603884
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
How to ApplyTo apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/4603884
43 total views, 1 today