Full-Time Head of Strategic Planning & Operations
Help us transform patients’ lives.
At UCB, we put our heart, soul and skills into making a difference for people living with significant unmet needs. Working together, we blend the best of our talents to deliver thoughtful solutions that patients value. Will you join us in this pioneering adventure?
To strengthen our US Operations Team, based in our US HQ in Atlanta, GA, we are looking for a talented individual to fill the position of: Head of Strategic Planning & Operations
As the Head of Strategic Planning & Operations, you will work as a right hand to the Head of U.S. Operations, you will be immersed in strategic and operational analysis as well as take a lead role in driving large projects within the business, giving you deep insight and access to the organizational strategy and direction. You will have the opportunity to focus on formulating and implementing strategies to create patient and shareholder value.
You like to work in an environment where you can:
- Work closely with stakeholders to identify and develop innovative approaches in which to evolve the business, recognizing the changing customer landscape and patient value integration.
- Work with US/Global teams (eg. Market Access, Analytics, Legal, Compliance, etc..) to deliver results, share best practices and seek appropriate synergies in operations.
- Drive the process for customer insight plans, 10YP and short-term forecasts, business reviews and input to early stage/business development assets.
- Set the agenda and provide strategic leadership for PMO, Facilities, UCB Cares and Patient Assistance Program, Strategic Meeting Solutions and Internal Operations across the organization.
- Lead a team of 4-6 direct reports, and an organization of 20 to 30 people (including vendors and contractors). Also, lead cross-functional project teams that deliver key value across UCB.
- Be the key strategic partner for commercial stakeholders and co-create plans and priorities for the Strategic Planning & Operations team with them.
- Drive the execution of national operational plans and priorities.
- Drive the performance Management for US Operations by ensuring objectives are clearly defined, measured and actions are taken to address the gaps
- Synthesize and facilitate holistic US Operations narrative for executive leadership
You will contribute by:
- Collaborating with key executives across UCB including Market Access leadership, Corporate Affairs and Insight to Impact leadership and finance/controllers.
- Partnering with these key executives to ask the right questions, and then deliver solutions that create value for both patients and UCB.
- Gaining and then applying a keen understanding of the patients, products, HCPs, other customers, markets, and ecosystems.
- Driving our process improvement strategy and deliver/optimize tools and resources that directly impact patients.
- Evaluating operational spend and deliver insights to improve resource allocation
- Working to ensure appropriate resource allocation, within US Operations to support launches
- Leading the work done by Strategic Planning and Operations teams and external vendors.
- Playing a strategic role in assessing the effectiveness of operations on the commercial organization.
- Identifying preferred support and technology vendors and manage vendor relationships.
- Leading enterprise-wide projects, which may involve:
- US Facilities
- Project Management Office
- Strategic Meetings such as ExCom Affiliate visits
- Internal Operations
- UCB Cares and Patient Assistance Program
Interested? For this position you’ll need the following education, experience and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in science or business
- 10 years pharmaceutical industry or relevant business experience
- 5 years leadership experience
- 5 years experience in project management, operations, marketing, sales, and/or strategic planning
- MBA preferred
- Managing multiple teams and complex organizations
- Lean Six-Sigma and PMP preferred.
- Strong Executive Presence
- Leadership and Coaching experience
- Strong written, verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- Strong Strategic and analytical Business Acumen..
- Experience leading and influencing individuals, teams and organizations to move beyond typical approaches and take appropriate risks.
- Ability to process and make connections between different, sometimes ambiguous or contradictory data.
- Ability to help teams and senior executives prioritize ideas, distilling them into strategies and tactics that can be executed by UCB to create more patient value
Why you should apply
At UCB, we strive to attract passionate and outstanding talents who thrive on change and are ready to bring real value to patients. Working for us you’ll discover a place where you can grow and express your full potential. We place an emphasis on innovation, collaboration and impact. Through meaningful recognition and a motivating work atmosphere, we aim to provide an optimal experience by caring about and valuing our employees – just as we do for the patients we serve. If you believe you are the perfect match to join us on our pioneering adventure, then we invite you to apply and tell us more about your profile and motivation.
At UCB, we come together every day to work, laser-focused, on a simple question: How will this create value for people living with severe diseases? By putting patients at the heart of everything we do, our approach – from discovery to development to delivery – is continuously transformed and designed around patient needs and their journey.
With a team of approximately 7,500 employees worldwide operations in more than 40 countries, we are a global biopharmaceutical company investing more than a quarter of our revenue in cutting-edge scientific research. We are focused on addressing chronic, neurological, immunological, and bone diseases. We are looking for people with passion and empathy who develop a real understanding of patient’s needs and can deliver thoughtful solutions to decisionmakers across the heath care ecosystem.
Curious to know more? Please visit our website www.ucb.com.
UCB and its subsidiaries encourage diversity and inclusion in the workplace; we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity.
How to ApplyPlease apply via the career website: https://careers.ucb.com/job/Atlanta-Head-of-Strategic-Planning-&-Operations-Geor/616104001/?locale=en_US
81 total views, 1 today