Full-Time Head of Data
About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits and vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers’ doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. We’re on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Our team is collaborative, driven, and future-thinking. We’re constantly learning, experimenting, and iterating, and celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, and we get things done. We love adaptogens and cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
Daily Harvest is seeking a Head of Data Science to join the Data team. The Data team uses data to create better customer experiences, smarter business decisions, and efficiencies company-wide. We do this by building sophisticated data science products and maintaining a reliable data infrastructure.
As a leader of the Data Team at Daily Harvest, you will help empower critical business decisions and build sophisticated machine learning products. You’ll work in a modern data science stack including GCP/Bigquery and Python that sits on top of our rich dataset. You’ll identify and lead the strategic vision for the rest of the company, and help plan, build and put machine learning-driven products into production to enable smarter business decisions and improved customer experience.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with the leadership team and stakeholders across the business to deliver amazing data science products, developing creative solutions to our biggest data and tech challenges
- Act as a visionary and thought-leader that guides data products and analytics infrastructure into the future of the industry by authoring whitepapers, speaking at events and engaging with customers
- Grow and manage a team of high performing Data Scientists, Machine Learning Engineers, and Data Engineers to foster a productive environment and provide rigorous technical oversight and establish actionable KPIs and success metrics for your team
- Build machine learning infrastructure and models that accelerate activity on our platform, enhance the user experience, and provide short-term and long-term data products to help grow and scale the business
- Establish a strategic roadmap to meet the goals and priorities of the business
- Ensure data quality and integrity within our products as well as our Squads and across the organization
- Drive the implementation of models into production through our Tech teams and Squads
- Design and track experiments for data science products as well as analyses throughout the organization
- Communicate effectively across the organization, with the ability to translate the highly-technical to non-technical stakeholders and partner with the leadership team to turn business and product vision into actionable initiatives
- Be an advocate for data-driven decision making and products throughout the org
Who you are:
- 10+ years of experience, this role will require a firm grasp of software engineering and analytics/statistics
- Ph.D. in Statistics, Operations Research, Mathematics, Computer Science, or other quantitative fields
- Publications and research experience are a plus
- Strong Python and SQL background
- Experience digging deep into data, creating expressive easy-to-understand visualizations
- Experience building machine learning models and putting them into production
- Understanding of CS fundamentals (data structures, algorithms), and how software scales
- Understanding of basic statistics, experimental design
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to thrive in an unstructured, fast-moving and constantly evolving high-growth environment
- Self-motivation and the ability to juggle an array of tasks
- Unlimited Daily Harvest to keep you hustling, not hangry + cold brew (…always stocked)
- Flexible time-off policy + flexible working hours (Unlimited PTO Plan)
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401K + equity participation
- Ancillary benefits: Commuter, Gym membership + Citi Bike discounts
- Access to everything we make (including recipes in development)
- Annual company retreat
- Quarterly team outings, weekly onsite happy hours, + regular DH team gatherings to celebrate our co-workers
- Book club + running club
- A dynamic, ambitious, and fun work environment + dog friendly!!
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn’t be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles and apply across all aspects of employment.
How to ApplyApply here: https://grnh.se/b6207eec1us
51 total views, 1 today