Full-Time Head Field Hockey Coach
Elmira College is a private liberal arts College located in the Finger Lakes region of New York. Seeking innovative professionals from diverse academic and cultural backgrounds to fill the position of Head Field Hockey Coach to join the open and welcoming Intercollegiate Athletics team.
The Head Field Hockey Coach is responsible for all phases of a successful NCAA Division III field hockey program in accordance with all department, college, and NCAA Division III rules, regulations, and philosophies. In addition, the head coach performs all duties related to team operations including but not limited to the recruitment of qualified student athletes, student athlete development and retention, scheduling, budget management, and student athlete conduct. The head coach supports the entire Athletic Department by performing an ancillary duty as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
This position is also responsible for game management duties as assigned. The game management assignment will be discussed as schedules are produced. Assignment ranges across all sports out of Field Hockey Season.
This is a full-time, 12-month position. This position does not require scheduled office hours during a pre-determined two-month time frame between June 1 and August 15.
- Recruit student-athletes;
- Manage program budget, travel planning, practice and game scheduling, and NCAA compliance;
- Team development including, physical and mental development of athletes, teaching skills and strategies, academic support, and oversight of team student conduct;
- Assist with Athletic camps, clinics, and marketing opportunities on campus, the Elmira community, and nationwide.
- Bachelor’s Degree, required;
- Valid driver’s license, required;
- 2-3 years of coaching experience at the collegiate level;
- Understanding of NCAA Division III and institutional compliance;
- Experience with college recruiting and admissions;
- Budget and travel management experience.
WORK LOCATION: Elmira, NY – NOT REMOTE
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled.
BASIS OF PAY: Salary
COMPENSATION: In exchange for your skills and experience, Elmira College will provide you with:
- Tuition waiver for you and your dependents
- College-paid Short-term disability Insurance
- College-paid group term life insurance
- Generous retirement matching
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Options
- 15+ paid holidays including the entire week of Thanksgiving and Winter Break/New Year’s
- Generous Sick and Vacation time accruals
- Free counseling for you and your family through the College-paid Employee Assistance Program
- A base starting salary range of $49,000 – $52,000
Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the United States. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment visas at this time.
Elmira College is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to increasing the diversity of its community. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, gender identity or expression, disability, or sexual orientation in our educational programs and activities or our employment practices.
How to ApplyInterested candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by fax to 607-735-1701. If you require alternative methods of application or screening, please contact the Office of Human Resources directly by emailing email@example.com, or by calling 607-735-1810.
59 total views, 0 today