Full-Time Hadoop Applications Development Supervisor
Black Knight is the premier provider of integrated technology, services, data and analytics that lenders and servicers look to first to help successfully manage the entire loan life cycle. Our deep understanding of regulatory and compliance issues complements the knowledge, technology and solutions we offer to help our clients achieve their business goals. Black Knight offers leading software systems; data and analytics offerings; and information solutions that facilitate and automate many of the business processes across the mortgage life cycle
JOB FAMILY DESCRIPTION
Responsible for the design, development and implementation of Hadoop applications following the full systems development lifecycle (SDLC). Defines and manages resource as well as workload requirements and allocations, monitors and improves quality, and ensures ‘best practice’ development techniques. Works closely with product teams in devel opment and implementation of Hadoop application programs having impact on improving the business. Manages a team of Hadoop Developers that build solutions for Black Knight customers to be able to access their data and run analytics.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Coordinates Hadoop systems analysis and applications development activities through direct and indirect staff.
* Partner with business and technology leadership to define, prioritize and achieve strategic objectives related to Hadoop application development projects and platforms.
* Identify opportunities to deliver business value through business process improvement, organizational change and/or technology integration.
* Analyze project risks, costs, and benefits and make relevant recommendations to business and technology leadership team.
* Manage end-to-end application scoping, sizing, estimating, analyzing cross-impacts, planning, development, implementation and post implementation maintenance and support.
* Directs Hadoop development teams in the areas of scheduling, technical direction, future planning and standard development practices.
* Implement best practices to ensure that all core IT functions are fully documented, supportable, and in compliance with applicable regulations.
* Ensure systems are kept at current software levels and evaluate the costs/benefits of upgrades for applications.
* Develop processes and tools that encourage continuous performance improvements.
* Regularly communicate the status of application development to all impacted stakeholders, set expectations and manage team members.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Experience building solutions with development technologies such as Java, Shell Scripting, Python, TFS, Eclipse desired
* Knowledge and firm understanding of all components that make up the Hadoop platform stack, e.g., HDFS, Hive, HBase, YARN highly desired
* Experience building and supporting big data applications that execute within a Hadoop platform highly desired
* Familiarity working in a Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) leveraging an Agile principles (Scrum, Kanban, etc.) a plus
* Experience with data warehousing, data modeling, and/or big data analytics desired
* Knowledge of software designing, coding, testing and debugging skills
* Demonstrated track record of delivering multiple complex projects on time and within budget
* Extensive knowledge of version and revision control practices and procedures
* Excellent analytical, decision-making and problem solving skills
* Ability to develop partnership-oriented relationships with business executives and functional leaders, especially as it relates to operations and technology
* Must be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment with focus on timeliness, documentation, and communications with peers and business users alike.
* Experience with project management concepts a plus
* Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels within Black Knight or outside the organization (executives, regulators, clients, etc.)
* Results oriented, business focused, and successful at interfacing across multiple organizational units
Applications Development Supervisor
First level supervisory role. Works with limited latitude under general direction of senior level management. Has proven leadership skills and proficiency in development with a preferred focus on applications development. Typically supervises and mentors project leads and/or technical staff in applications development functions. Typically requires up to three (3) or more years of application development experience and two (2) or more years of experience in a lead role and/or directing others.
Black Knight is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, and protected veteran or military family status. Our employees’ diversity is our strength, and when we embrace our differences, it makes us better and brighter. Black Knight’s commitment to inclusion is at the core of who we are, and motivates us in how we do business each and every day.
How to ApplyApplication URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=ZGNhbXBiZWxsLjc2NTQ5LjEwNTk0QGJsYWNra25pZ2h0ZmluLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ
77 total views, 1 today