Full-Time Grants and Contracts Assistant
PROTECTING OUR ENVIRONMENT WITH INTELLIGENCE. The Environmental Investigation Agency (EIA) is a 501(c)(3) independent, international, non-profit advocacy organization based in Washington, D.C. with a proven record of triggering and affecting systemic change to protect the Earth’s environment. Over the last three decades, EIA has established a unique paradigm of methods to drive change – including pioneering the use of undercover investigative techniques to expose environmental crime and drive impact. These crimes include illegal trade in endangered wildlife, illegal logging and associated trade in illegal timber, and the trade in both climate-damaging and ozone-layer-depleting gases.
EIA is seeking a creative and highly motivated Grants and Contracts Assistant to join one of the most dynamic advocacy teams in Washington DC. As a key member of the Finance and Operations team, EIA seeks an energetic and enthusiastic individual to help implement its engagement with partners on the ground, support management of current grants, and assist with ongoing fundraising efforts. This position is based in Washington, DC.
Main roles and responsibilities:
- Assist Grants and Contracts Manager in the preparation of grant reports to funders in consultation with appropriate program staff. Manage funder reporting deadlines and coordinate internal timeline for current grants and renewal.
- Assist in coordinating the grant proposal writing process including consolidating inputs, follow-up review and feedback, and compliance with funders’ requirements.
- Assist with coordinating federal funding opportunities, compliance with secured federal funding, and reporting.
- Assist in managing current grants to ensure compliance with funder requirements, due diligence and internal policies are translated.
- Assist in compiling grants reports and quarterly budget vs actuals reports for budget holders.
- Coordinate closely with various subgrantees throughout the funding cycle including review of submitted proposal and budget, procurement processes, managing reporting and compliance requirements, review of financial and narrative reports from subgrantees, disbursements and closing out of funding commitment.
- Support team with the procurement process, including RFPs and due diligence process.
- Contribute to fundraising efforts and work closely with the fundraising team in researching funding opportunities, compiling prospect details and facilitating internal coordination.
- Assist with drafting and coordinating subgrantee contracts.
- Manage the filing system for all EIA grants and subgrants, ensure tracking systems are properly implemented and updated, and ensure deadlines are continuously monitored and communicated to program staff.
- Assist in developing a framework for monitoring and evaluating grant deliverables and reports.
Essential Expertise and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, including finance or public administration, or an equivalent combination of certifications and relevant courses
- Minimum of 2 years demonstrated relevant experience in grants and contracts administration or equivalent.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively organize disparate information and multi-task.
- Experience drafting and coordinating subgrants and consulting contracts. Experience with Federal funding.
- Ability to work in a flexible work environment while maintaining due diligence, oversight, and follow-up procedures.
- Strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills and the ability to interact effectively with individuals at organizations domestically and internationally.
- Understanding of basic accounting principles.
- Able to review budgets, invoices and financial reports for compliance with contracts and donor requirements.
- Ability to maintain a high level of efficiency, confidentiality and integrity.
- Detail-oriented and very organized.
- Good work ethic, high standards, strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently as well as in a team.
Other Desirable Qualifications:
- Foreign language skills, particularly Spanish, French, Portuguese or Mandarin, a plus.
Commitment to Inclusion, Racial Justice and Anti-oppression: EIA strives to integrate values of equity, fairness, inclusiveness, transparency, and accountability into our work, which includes reflecting our commitment to racial justice in our programmatic work and our organizational structure and values. We are seeking candidates who have a commitment to engage in this ongoing process and work with us to create an inclusive work environment and world.
EIA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity. All employment at EIA is decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs.
Competitive salary and benefits package, commensurate with experience.
How to ApplyPlease send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Grants and Contracts Assistant” in the subject line. In your email, please note where you saw this job posting. The applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Due to the high volume of applications received, we are only able to respond to those selected for interviews. This position is open immediately. Being authorized to work in the United States is a pre-condition of employment. Open until filled.
246 total views, 0 today