Full-Time Graduate Conference Producer
Arena International, part of GlobalData, runs over 80 international market leading conferences every year for industry, government, regulatory bodies and the wider public sector. Our growing international portfolio spans across 4 key industries – consumer goods, financial services, pharma and digital industries and we’re looking for an ambitious candidate to join our expanding team.
You will be based in Central London and be responsible for creating, producing and managing leading industry events from conception right up to programme management on the day and you can expect to regularly travel internationally for each conference. This is a project management role which requires excellent research skills, an analytical mindset and commercial awareness.
As a Conference Producer you will receive weekly training on every aspect of a project management role, from briefings to phone research to onsite management.
The Conference Producer will provide strategic leadership and devise a vibrant programme of international conferences and events. Typically you will spend 5 weeks project managing a conference, and experience an exciting range of industries which can range from project to project. The typical cycle of responsibilities includes:
• In-depth desk and phone based research with your target industry to understand key trends
• Journalistic skills – we have a core focus on research interviews with sector leaders
• Excellent writing skills and copywriting creativity – you will write the programme and marketing material for all your projects
• Inviting and confirming senior leaders to present at the conferences
• Supporting your sales and marketing teams as project leader
• Travelling internationally to the conference and programme management during the event
We are looking for a degree-educated candidate with a 2:1 degree or above who demonstrates a keen interest in project management. The candidate should be enthusiastic about research, have excellent writing skills and the confidence to engage different markets over the phone. No previous conference production experience is required.
• Diligent, well organised and able to manage time
• Research experience through phone, internet and other sources
• Analytical skills – you will need to be able to turn interview transcripts into a compelling conference agenda
• Confident, good phone manner, strong skills of persuasion and negotiation
• Articulate and creative copy writing
• Interpersonal skills to effectively brief and support project teams
• Calm and effective problem-solving
Based in Central London (with extensive International Travel), £21,000, plus profit share – up to £32k OTE
How to ApplyUsing the 'Apply' form on this page.
83 total views, 1 today