Full-Time Fund for Lyric Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Director of the Fund for Lyric
JOB STATUS: Full time, non-exempt
Through artistic excellence coupled with innovative, relevant programming; initiatives to connect with and grow new audiences; engagement with communities to ignite creativity across Chicago; and a modernized Opera House that is the setting for truly great experiences, Lyric is leading the advancement of opera. This collaborative vision will deliver ever more exciting, thought-provoking and inclusive audience and community experiences – while increasing the gravitational pull of our art form, our company, and our city.
The Fund for Lyric consists of all direct-response fundraising programs at Lyric Opera of Chicago with specific focus on two key donor societies, the Friends of Lyric ($50-$4,999) and the Patrons of Lyric ($5,000-$24,999). The Coordinator is responsible for helping retain donor support by executing regular cultivation, retention, and stewardship communications and activities; serving donors as a general inquiry contact point for Friends of Lyric; and providing administrative support for the Fund for Lyric team, as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Coordinate all internal solicitation mailings efforts for Friends of Lyric, which includes:
o Merging and printing monthly donor renewal letters
o Coordinating volunteer time to ensure mailings are sent as scheduled
o Letters are filed accurately and in a timely manner
o Accurately update our database to reflect these steps
• Coordinate routine stewardship communication efforts, including gratitude letters, greeting cards, phone calls, seat visits, and more.
• Steward donor inquiries as the primary email and phone contact for inquiries about the Friends of Lyric donor society.
• Coordinate the annual donor stewardship mailing that includes invitations to events available to various membership levels. Partner with Events and Digital staff to ensure that each opportunity to available to join online through our website portal.
• Coordinate the Development department’s annual holiday card mailing.
• Partner with Digital staff to ensure that any changes made to donor engagement opportunities for the Fund for Lyric are updated correctly in all areas of the website.
• As the business evolves, so may this role. These duties may change as Lyric’s leadership identifies the need at any time.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Strong project management and organizational competencies with demonstrated aptitude for multitasking, attention to detail, and meeting competing and overlapping deadlines.
• Experience in working with donors or customers, building relationships, and problem solving.
• More than one year or one completed internship in working with a large or mid-sized nonprofit organization or university in fundraising or marketing.
• Ability to work independently and as a member of team in a collaborative and fast-paced environment.
• Experience with Tessitura (preferred) or an equivalent CMS platform.
• Personal passion for opera, musical theater, or classical musical that can shared in communicating with donors.
• Some evening or weekend functions, meetings, appointments, or performances.
• Standing for extended periods of time.
• Ability to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, telephone, and other office equipment.
• Moving/lifting objects, boxes, and furniture as needed/allowed, not to exceed 20 lbs.
The Lyric Opera of Chicago is committed to enhancing our diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Lyric does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, parental status, veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
How to ApplyInterested applicants may submit an application using the following link: https://lyricopera.applytojob.com/apply/R4MSDXsdVL/Fund-For-Lyric-Coordinator?source=Pink+Jobs.
68 total views, 1 today