Freelance Frontend Developer (Freelance)
Modern Tribe is looking for an experienced Frontend/UI Developer to join our team as a freelance contractor.
You will be responsible for crafting robust, beautiful, usable interfaces for the users of our products and our client’s projects. You will play an integral role in connecting and collaborating with strategy, design, and backend to creative a cohesive and organized final experience and enthusiastically own getting to the most optimal solution. You thrive working in a collaborative and engaging environment and love being part of teams and systems that actively seek your experience in helping us grow and improve.
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity to you, read on!
* Collaborate with your team to deeply understand the needs of our users and clients and then plan, design, and build features that best serve those needs
* Take ownership of the work you do on projects from strategy to design to implementation to deployment and maintenance
* Be an impactful contributor to your team, discipline, and company, participating in our * culture and helping us improve and push our internal tools, libraries, workflows, and standards forward
* Actively participate in team scrum meetings
* Deliver maintainable, efficient, and high-quality code
* Build and maintain scalable code
* Design and build features that are performant, accessible, and steeped in the best practices of modern frontend development standards and patterns
* Participate in keeping our internal tooling and systems current
* Ensure that the quality of our design implementation and user experience is the very * best it can be (design and development work very closely together at Modern Tribe)
* Share knowledge and collaborate with fellow developers across the company
* Code review the work of other developers
Knowledge & Experience
* Exceptional HTML & CSS (including experience with Sass or PostCSS and BEM) skills
* Experience working with design systems and design system thinking
* Mid to advanced level experience developing WordPress powered sites
* Extensive knowledge of modern frontend development standards
* Proficiency at local environment setups, including docker
* Proficiency in version control, namely GIT
* You have experience working in a remote, fast paced, and highly collaborative environment with peers from different backgrounds and skill sets.
* You pay attention to and are passionate about the details.
You take pride in and value team success.
* You are thoughtful and motivated when it comes to approaching your work. This includes being comfortable with proactively driving feature requirements whether that be identifying gaps and asking questions or helping flesh out additional details.
Work from anywhere and join our distributed team working across the globe. If your timezone is outside of US business hours, but you work at least 3-4+ hours of overlap each day, let’s chat. You should be fluent in English and just need a computer and a strong wifi signal to support daily video chats with the Tribe.
Pay range is commensurate with qualifications and experience between $40-$60/hour. We are currently looking for freelance contractors about 10-20 hours a week for this gig. This is a one time contract position, though we are always seeking longer relationships with awesome people.
How to ApplyModern Tribe is committed to a culture that embraces diversity and inclusion. We foster an environment of collaboration, open engagement, fairness and respect regardless of differences in age, race, disability, national origin, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status. As a hybrid workspace ranging from distributed contractors to traditional employees, we value the unique perspectives and experiences of our global team. We come from all walks of life. We are small business owners. We are tattoo aficionados and 80’s movie buffs and ex-pats. We are homeschool teachers. We are single parents. We are musicians, college drop-outs, and entrepreneurs. We are travelers, feminists, runners, volunteers, and makers. We are a Modern Tribe. Everyday we strive to fulfill our motto: live well and do good work. We hope you will consider joining us. Please apply through our website: http://m.tri.be/1ag9
102 total views, 2 today