Full-Time Front Office Administrator
APLA Health’s mission is to achieve health care equity and promote well-being for the LGBT and other underserved communities and people living with and affected by HIV. We are a nonprofit, federally qualified health center serving more than 14,000 people annually. We provide 20 different services from 15 locations throughout Los Angeles County, including: medical, dental, and behavioral health care; PrEP counseling and management; health education and HIV prevention; and STD screening and treatment. For people living with HIV, we offer housing support; benefits counseling; home health care; and the Vance North Necessities of Life Program food pantries; among several other critically needed services. Additionally, we are leaders in advocating for policy and legislation that positively impacts the LGBT and HIV communities, provide capacity-building assistance to health departments across the country, and conduct community-based research on issues affecting the communities we serve. For more information, please visit us at aplahealth.org.
We offer great benefits, competitive pay, and great working environment!
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance (no cost for employee)
- Vision Insurance (no cost for employee)
- Long Term Disability
- Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 12 Paid Holidays
- 3 Personal Days
- 10 Vacation Days
- 12 Sick Days
- Metro reimbursement or free parking
- Employer Matched 403b Retirement Plan
This is a great opportunity to make a difference!
This position will pay $23.37 – $27.45. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Responsible for greeting and helping primary care patients; scheduling appointments; maintaining records and accounts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Welcomes patients and visitors in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Presents a professional front office environment for all patients and visitors in appearance, manner, and quality of work at all times.
- Registers patients in eClinicalWorks according to clinical protocol.
- Confirm medical health appointments on the schedule of the following day.
- Checks/Verifies patient’s insurance eligibility/ sliding fee status two days prior to and at each visit
- Optimizes patients’ satisfaction, provider time, and treatment room utilization by scheduling/registering patient’s appointments in eClinicalWorks in person or by telephone.
- Keeps patient appointments on schedule by notifying provider of patient’s arrival; reviewing service delivery compared to schedule; reminding provider of service delays.
- Ensures the waiting area is maintained neat and well organized.
- Comforts patients by anticipating patients’ anxieties; answers patients’ question or refers them to the appropriate clinical staff; maintains the reception area.
- Maintains patient accounts in eClinicalWorks by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information.
- Protects patients’ rights by maintaining strictest confidentiality of personal and financial information; adhering to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Ensures clinic flow by being an active team member.
OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED TO MEET BUSINESS NEEDS.
Training and Experience:
High school diploma or GED required, AA degree preferred. At least two (2) years experience working in a medical office or similar environment. Bilingual in English/Spanish strongly preferred. Knowledgeable about insurance plans as well as Medi-cal/Medicare.
Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programs. Knowledge of electronic health records – eClinicalWorks preferred.
- Must be extremely organized and detailed oriented
- Must have excellent communications and written skills
- Strong telephone etiquette
- Must have a courteous, professional nature and customer service oriented
- Must maintain a strict discipline in time management with a focus on quality
- Knowledgeable about insurance plans, Medi-Cal / Medicare
- Good computer and typing skills.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
This is primarily an office position that requires only occasional bending, reaching, stooping, lifting and moving of office materials weighing 25 pounds or less. The position requires daily use of a personal computer and requires entering, viewing, and revising text and graphics on the computer terminal and on paper.
COVID-19 Vaccination and Booster or Medical/ Religious Exemption required.
Equal Opportunity Employer: minority/female/disability/transgender/veteran.
How to ApplyTo Apply: Visit our website at www.aplahealth.org to apply or click the link below: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=91727&clientkey=A5559163F67395E0A2585D2135F98806
59 total views, 2 today