Full-Time Front-End Software Engineer
Front-End Software Engineer
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
The Fusion Team powers EA Studios to create even greater player experiences. We help shape the future from the way games are created, to how they are played and viewed. We are a global team and the largest studio within EA! Creative Technologies is one of several teams within Fusion.
The Tools and Technology Team within Creative Technologies is looking for accomplished people to help us fulfill our mission of providing creative tools and workflows that allow EA to lead the industry in content quality. Our group strives to build an ecosystem of modular components that are efficient, adjustable to trends, and allow for quick iteration of any artistic idea into reality. We partner with a global group of extraordinary creatives, fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing content and experiences.
The Challenge Ahead:
As a Software Engineer on the team, you will help lead the effort to deliver next-generation tools for character art, animation, and cinematics content production. The Tools and Technology team partners with several groups spanning all aspects of asset creation including character and world-building, animation, rigging, audio and scanning, with whom we collaborate to bring art for modern games to life. As a developer on the team, your job will be to write software and build technologies that help our partner teams be more efficient, with an eye towards common, scalable solutions that work across all groups and titles. You will report to a team Development Director.
Day-to-Day You Will…
- You will solve complex, systematic problems in the domain of tools, pipeline and workflow development.
- You will work with game team customers to develop and deliver user-friendly tools, efficient pipelines, and optimal workflows that aid in the development and iteration of game content.
- You will use creative and pioneering work to grow EA’s technologies.
- You will mentor junior team members in engineering practices.
You are / You have…
- 5+ years of experience in Web Development and implementing UX designs
- Experience working with UX designers and customers to build production-ready tools
- Experience in media, e-commerce
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and hands-on experience
Bonus if you have…
- Experience working with game or VFX artists
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python
- Experience with Service Development and/or Cloud architecture
- Experience improving workflows to enhance team productivity
- Experience in a 3D web framework such as ThreeJS
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
How to ApplyApply directly via EA's career board here: https://ea.gr8people.com/jobs/179994/front-end-software-engineer You may contact Hannah Wood (hiring manager) via LinkedIn mail if you have specific questions (https://www.linkedin.com/in/hannah-wood-55603b30/).
48 total views, 1 today