Full-Time Front-End Developer
With wasteful healthcare spending in the U.S. estimated at $935 billion, we take our role as a healthcare innovator very seriously. Simply put, Apervita is on a mission to change the face of healthcare. We intend to do this by continuously improving the value of healthcare delivery through performance, measurements and insights.
Recognized as the trusted source for performance measurement through our proprietary cloud-based rules engine, we address the complexities of an industry transitioning to accountable-based care arrangements. Serving one of the nation’s largest regulatory organizations, more than 1-in-2 U.S. hospitals and several nationally recognized health plans, Apervita conducts more than 10 billion value-based computations annually, providing vital insights that enable collaboration, build trust and advance value-centric care.
As we move into our next phase of growth, we’re looking for smart, passionate and fearless professionals to help us pursue our mission. We’ve earned the trust of our investors, including Optum Ventures, Baird Capital, Pritzker Group Venture Capital and Math Venture Partners, to further grow and scale our business in 2020. We’ve also been recognized as an industry leader by Gartner, CIOReview, Healthcare Tech Outlook, and Healthcare Informatics. Always in search of the next “first,” Apervita was recently named the first company to certify electronic clinical quality measures from the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) using our proprietary clinical quality language (CQL) ingestion engine. This is a huge step forward in healthcare quality innovation and an indication of where we’re headed. We’re clearly on the cusp of something big and bold and can’t wait to see what happens next.
As a Front-End Developer, you’ll have at least three years working experience and will be responsible for working on our Apervita Knowledge Studio™—an opportunity to transform healthcare by helping to build our industry-scale PaaS for health computing, delivery and interoperation. Building upon the Apervita Vital™ Platform’s unique set of capabilities and leveraging Apervita’s proven CQL Engine, the Apervita Knowledge Studio provides an agile tool set to streamline the full development life cycle for quality measurement, reducing measure development efforts by 70–80 percent. This tool accelerates the authoring of new digital healthcare measures and algorithms, enabling the industry to more rapidly adopt standards-based quality metrics and clinical practice guidelines.
** No recruiters, please. **
- Develop and iterate on our front-end platform, utilizing React, and work with the UX and back-end teams to complete deliverables
- Work with QA to remedy platform defects
- Write unit tests and functional tests for the front-end platform
- Participate in code reviews with the front-end team promoting coding best practices, as well as contributing new ideas to improve the codebase
- Contribute to agile sprint planning and estimation process, ensuring timely delivery
- Potentially contribute fixes and updates to our legacy platform
- Experience with Git or other version control system
- HTML, CSS and Sass (or other CSS pre-processor) competency
- Familiarity with a collaborative interface design tool (e.g. Figma, Zeplin, Invision, etc.)
- Experience with jQuery or Backbone and Python, Django or another framework tool is beneficial
- Ability to thrive within a collaborative, dynamic, fast-moving business, as well as build collaborative working relationships with colleagues and clients of a variety of skills and backgrounds—working in a variety of locations
- Demonstrate critical thinking to develop solutions to challenges and overcome obstacles
- Healthcare/health-tech or cloud-based platform experience is helpful
- Post-COVID travel to company meetings a few times a year may be required
Health Insurance | Covers employee, spouse or domestic partner, and family (Blue Cross Blue Shield of IL Medical & Vision and Guardian Dental)*
PTO | Employees are encouraged to take the time that they need to maintain work-life balance
Sanity Days | Days to break away from the office to reset your mental well-being
Parental Leave/New Child Bonding | Twelve weeks of 100% paid leave (birth, adoption [excluding adoption through marriage] or foster care)*
Scheduled Company Holidays | New Year’s Eve & Day, Memorial Day, Juneteeth, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day & the day after, Christmas Eve & Day
401(k) Plan & Match | Employee and employer contributions are 100% vested; company match of 1.5% of eligible compensation, annually (subject to board approval)
Long-Term Disability (LTD), Short-Term Disability (STD) and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance | Company funded
Flexible Spending Account (FSA) | Pre-tax employee contributions to help pay health expenses
Commuter Benefits | Company paid commuting expenses, up to $265/month
Work-From-Anywhere (WFA) | Apervita is a WFA company. We utilize today’s tools to keep teams coordinated, up-to-date and engaged. We balance working from anywhere, including our office locations, with getting the company and/or teams together for socializing and collaborating. We aim to maintain a number of physical company locations (including Chicago HQ) to offer meeting venues and provide space for those who choose to work in the office on a full- or part-time basis. Managers may occasionally request in-person meetings; these travel-related expenses are reimbursed by the company.
*Eligibility subject to Apervita policy and procedure: Medical coverage begins on the first of the month after hire; vision and dental coverage begin after 60 days; parental leave complies with Family and Medical Leave Act eligibility, beginning after one year of employment.
Any employment-related communications from Apervita will always come from an @apervita.com sender. Communications from any other domain are not authorized and should be discarded.
How to Apply
Please visit the Front-End Developer posting on our portal to submit your application. Thank you.
558 total views, 0 today