Full-Time Food and Nutrition Project Coordinator
Our mission at Apicha Community Health Center is to improve the health of our community and to increase access to comprehensive primary care, preventive health services, mental health, and supportive services. We are committed to excellence and to providing culturally competent services that enhance the quality of life. We advocate for and provide a welcoming environment for underserved and vulnerable people, especially Asians and Pacific Islanders, the LGBT Community and individuals living with and affected by HIV/AIDS.
Position Title: Food and Nutrition Project Coordinator (F&NPC)
Reports To: Assistant Director- Health Home & Nutrition Health Education
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
F&NPC responsible for all aspect of financial related to the Nutrition Health Education program.
The major duties of the position include, but are not limited to:
Program Management – including key deliverables, reporting, quality assurance and improvement.
• Manage and monitor the program key deliverables and ensure to meet requirement including track and documents client program participation.
• Responsible for the program’s equipment including refrigerator cleanliness, maintenance and daily temperature check.
• Maintain client-related records, other required documentations and service quota according to the protocols and standards of APICHA’s Department of Support Services.
• Work with the AD-HH&NHE to conduct the Continue Quality Improvement activities of the NHE program.
• Draft internal and external reports and follow administrative requirements in a timely manner.
• Understand the purpose and intent of the Nutrition Health Education and Food and Meal describe by NYSDOH AIDS Institute including its expectations.
• Ensure key deliverables and the program budget including its supporting documents in compliance with AIDS Institute requirements for the provision of Nutrition Health Education program.
• Work with the Assistant Director – Health Home & Nutrition Health Education (AD-HH&NHE) to create the program budget including modification as needed.
• Manage and monitor over $50K that includes the actual spend as compared to the planned/created budget and adjust accordingly.
• Maintain financial and program variance supportive documents on all program expenses.
• Manage and monitor the program food voucher purchases and reconciliation.
Collaboration – across various stakeholders to ensure best quality care for clients.
• Work closely with Community Nutrition Educator (CNE) to provide administrative and programmatic support to program activities.
• Works collaboratively with the CNE during Food pantry and voucher distribution including purchase and packing food pantry/grocery bags, purchase food vouchers for distribution to the program clients including monitor the proper use of vouchers.
• Work as a team to prepare for group education including, but not limited to, space and audio/visual set up.
• Engages in community coordination activities, make and follow-up on referrals for community services (i.e. other food program) including support the program clients with food shopping, if needed.
• Recruit and negotiate with vendors that will accept Apicha CHC Food Voucher.
• Identify and recruit people who are living with HIV/AIDS and target populations to facilitate early access to treatment and social services including the Nutrition Health Education Program services.
• Collaborate with Apicha CHC staff and other service providers to coordinate clients’ care.
• Represent the agency at various venues to promote agency services.
Computer competency – in operating a computer and the applications needed in your work.
• Ensure data entry accuracy entered to various reporting system (e.g., eICARE, AIRS) in a timely manner.
Writing Skills – to write clearly, concisely, logically and free of grammar errors.
• Write and submit both external and internal reports adhering to deadlines (i.e., monthly financial report).
• Documents progress notes that summarize client progress, accomplishments, further needs and referrals.
Flexibility – adapt to changes that happen in a company/funding without losing focus on the program goals. This also includes your ability to apply knowledge to new circumstances.
• Provide coverage, as part of a backup to CNE.
• Assist the AD-HH&NHE to coordinate and attend all required training sessions and meeting (e.g., care planning, ad hoc, training, and supervision).
• Other duties as assigned.
• AA in health or human services field with 1 years of experience working in the field of HIV/AIDS or other chronic illness required; BA/BS preferred.
• May consider AA in non-health or human services field with 2 years of experience in working in the field of HIV/AIDS or other chronic illness.
• Experience with bookkeeping is required.
• Fluency in one or more Asian languages is preferred.
• Strong socio-cultural identification or experience working with the target population required.
• Excellent organization, written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills in English required.
• Consistent team player capable of effectively operating within the organizational structure.
• Ability to follow through instructions, and attention to detail.
• Ability to communicate well with medical providers and support staff.
• Ability to adapt changing needs of communities and funder’s requirements.
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks by due date including during stressful environment.
• Ability to work flexible hours including some evenings and weekends.
• Basic ability to use common office software (Microsoft word and Excel). Familiarity with AIRS preferred.
• Proof of immunization or immunity to certain communicable diseases (including influenza during the flu season) and testing for tuberculosis is required. These certifications are required by the NYC DOHMH Health Code, NYSDOH and OSHA.
How to ApplyIf you are interested in the position please apply through our Apicha website. https://www.apicha.org/healthcare-jobs-in-new-york-city/
49 total views, 1 today