Please login/register to apply for this job.
21 Jul 2021

Full-Time Firefighter/Paramedic

FMBFD – Posted by FMBFD Fort Myers Beach, Florida, United States

Job Description

The Fort Myers Beach Firefighter Paramedic possesses skilled and specialized work abilities involving the prevention, suppression, and extinguishment of fires; performs rescue and emergency medical services, and assists in the control and resolution of incidents.

The Firefighter Paramedic works under the direct supervision of the Company Officer, representing the department in a dignified manner by being well-groomed, courteous, and tactful in all interactions with the community and other agencies.

The Firefighter Paramedic may assist Company Officers and the Driver Engineers in carrying out department policies, rules, regulations, and standard operating procedures.

The Firefighter Paramedic participates in aggressive training programs, regular drills, and responds to emergencies as a team member.

Minimum Requirements:

  • Non-smoker/non-user of tobacco for at least one year prior to

Education:

  • Must possess a High School diploma or G.E.D.

Certificate or Licenses:

  • Florida Driver’s License (or eligible to obtain within 30 days of employment)
  • Florida State Certified Firefighter
  • State of Florida Paramedic Certification
  • Current Healthcare Provider BLS/ACLS and PALS certification
  • Emergency Vehicle Operations Certificate
  • The annual estimated total Non-Probationary Firefighter Paramedic Compensation Package is valued at $116,270.

Please see correlating documents for pay rates for the first year of employment.

 The annual estimated total Probationary Firefighter Paramedic Compensation Package is valued at $95,544.

Please see correlating documents for pay increases beyond the first year of employment.

 (The Above Includes: Base Salary, Averaged Overtime, Holiday Pay, Family Health, Dental & Vision, Florida Retirement Service District Contribution, VEBA Contribution, and Short and Long Term Disability).

 Base Pay: The base Non-Probationary Firefighter Paramedic Salary is $66,071.

                                The base Probationary Firefighter Paramedic Salary is $51,228.

 Following the Probationary Period (at least 1 year), additional compensation levels are available for formal education and service time. Non-Probationary Firefighter Paramedic pay ranges from $66,071 to $72,243 in year two, and may escalate in subsequent years, subject to the Collective Bargaining Agreement and District policy.

 Employee and Family Healthcare: The District is proud to provide 100% Employee Healthcare. Full Family Health, Dental, and Vision coverage is also provided at an employee co-share of 20%.  Family health benefits are valued at an average of $25,180 annually before co-pay. The District also provides a pre-tax plan for the cost of medical-related expenses through a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) under the Internal Revenue Service Section 125

  • Retirement: An excellent retirement plan is provided by the District through the Florida Retirement Services (FRS). The employee contributes 3% of wages, and the District contributes 25.89% of gross salary, equaling a total contribution of 28.89%. Additional retirement plans are available in the form of a 457 Deferred Compensation Plan, as a deduction from the employee
  • Personal Paid Leave (PPL): PPL, Holiday Pay, and other benefits can be found in the District 3 Collective Bargaining Agreement.
  • Education, Development, and Training: Education, Development, and Training is highly encouraged by the District and funded for the employee through a rewarding Education

 

 

How to Apply

Applications are available online at www.FMBFire.org, and at the Fort Myers Beach Fire Department Headquarters offices located at 100 Voorhis Street, Fort Myers Beach, Florida  33931. Applications must be filled out completely, to include identified supplemental information. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.  The position may remain open until filled; however, the first round of applications must be received by 4:00 pm Eastern Standard Time, on August 30, 2021. Submittal of applications can be via e-mail, US Postal Service (or equivalent), and in person.  To submit your application online, please send your completed application with all required certifications and supplemental documentation to Apply@FMBFire.org. The organization will screen applications as they are received and will notify the candidate of receipt.  All application information will remain confidential and references will not be contacted until finalists are chosen, except where law prohibits.  All dates are subject to change.

Job Categories: Equal Opportunities. Job Types: Full-Time. Salaries: 40,000 - 60,000.

Job expires in 28 days.

41 total views, 3 today

Apply for this Job