Full-TimeFINANCIAL SYSTEMS ANALYST – 30864
FINANCIAL SERVICES/HUMAN RESOURCES
235 work days
Salary Range: $58,192-$70,513
Essential Functions and Objectives:
The Systems Analyst will work directly with end users to resolve Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) issues, define business solutions and participate on project teams as a functional expert. This position will evaluate data in the ERP application environment to better understand business processes and support customers. It requires strong analytical skills working independently and as a part of a larger team to problem solve complex problems.
Personal & Values:
– Understand the Financial business needs and system capabilities with an emphasis in Accounting or Supply Chain.
Vision & Strategy:
– Propose system solutions with existing functionality and configuration.
– Promote proactive approaches and best practices to solve business needs/problems, while also enhancing the understanding and acceptance of system capabilities.
– Understand of business analysis principles, processes, and techniques.
Operational & Organizational:
– Support end users by troubleshooting configured application within Finance modules (G/L, A/R, A/P, Supply Chain, Contract Management, Fixed Assets, Inventory, Budget, Payroll, Grant Management, Lease Management, etc.).
– Develop and execute testing scripts and plans to validate upgrades and development.
– Work on project teams as a testing resource and exercise objective judgment around process improvements.
– Manage small projects efforts.
– Document processes and procedures for shared team responsibilities.
– Develop basic SQL queries to pull data for troubleshooting.
– Perform data uploads to the ERP system while maintaining data integrity.
– Complete daily support tickets and processes.
People & Culture:
– Build trusted working relationships with team members and other business partners.
Community & Equity:
– Listens to diverse points of view.
– Other Duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Experience & Other Qualifications:
– 5+ years’ experience in Information Systems or related field, preferably in Accounting, CPA firm or Public Sector accounting setting.
– Experience in database concepts, ERP systems (Finance and Procurement suite), and SQL preferred.
– High degree of customer service and customer support.
– Strong knowledge of public sector accounting and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
– Ability to be highly analytical, a creative thinker, and an avid problem-solver.
– Demonstrated experience managing and completing multiple projects (full life-cycle project planning and implementation.
– Ability to communicate diplomatically, persuasively, effective oral, written and presentation skills.
– Strong organizational and analytic skills and strong attention to detail.
– Self-starter/leader who can anticipate department needs in a proactive (versus, reactive) manner.
– Ability to motivate and influence others.
– Ability to multi-task and juggle management of several high-priority projects in parallel.
– Ability to set goals, work independently and drive results.
– High degree of integrity in handling confidential information.
– Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Accounting or Finance
– Master’s Degree preferred
Our Human Resources Team is an integral part of DPS. Although we aren’t always in the schools, we’re in it for the kids. We work closely with our school leaders to ensure we’re putting great teachers in every classroom, and take great care to ensure DPS hires and retains the highest quality candidates for all roles throughout the district. We do this by incorporating our Shared Core Values—Students First, Integrity, Equity, Collaboration, Accountability and Fun – into everything we do. Additionally, we support retention of our valued team members in a variety of ways including facilitating professional development and performance management activities and designing and managing Total Rewards Programs to help Team DPS achieve health and wellness for themselves and their families. When you join us, you join a dedicated, diverse team of over one hundred professionals who come from many walks of life. One thing we all share is a deep sense of commitment to support Denver Public Schools’ vision: Every Child Succeeds.
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
Under the leadership of Superintendent Tom Boasberg and guided by the tenets of The Denver Plan, DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
How to ApplyIn order to be considered for this position, you MUST apply to the DPS job board. Use the following link, http://tinyurl.com/y8n5afex , to go directly to the application.
33 total views, 1 today