Full-Time Financial Engineering Consultant
Black Knight is the premier provider of integrated technology, services, data and analytics that lenders and servicers look to first to help successfully manage the entire loan life cycle. Our deep understanding of regulatory and compliance issues complements the knowledge, technology and solutions we offer to help our clients achieve their business goals. Black Knight offers leading software systems; data and analytics offerings; and information solutions that facilitate and automate many of the business processes across the mortgage life cycle.
JOB FAMILY DESCRIPTION
Responsible for building the financial tools and creation of financial products. Develops mathematical formulas and computer programs to create complex models of market trends and risks. Uses financial theory as well as past trends to develop predictive modeling about the future behavior of a market.
GENERAL DUTIES & RES PONSIBILITIES
* Responsible for analyzing, testing, and calibrating financial models, tools and products.
* Works closely with Research and Development on the application and product development of financial tools. Provides consulting and analysis to clients using these tools.
* Demonstrates financial models to customers and clients to convince them to invest or buy their product or services.
* Assess the computing needs and system requirements by consulting with users, management, technicians, and vendors.
* Use one or more analytical tools from a suite of mathematical/application tools to perform appropriate analysis on specified product, transaction, market activity, or investment vehicle that has multiple variables affecting potential outcomes.
* Report in quantitative manner on parameters of proposed purchase, sale, marketing action, structure of transaction or market activity, or risk factors and the degree to which they could affect outcomes.
* Perform ad hoc analyses as needed and assist managers of specific product lines with analytical, valuation, or pricing projects.
* Collaborate with teams planning or structuring transactions to assist in credit analysis and pricing.
* Propose new risk indicators for management approval and implementation.
* Assist with consulting with the business owners, designing and implementing an interface to record key indicators, research industry best practices of analyzing and reporting key performance indicators.
* Design test cases and test applications for systems used for a variety of analytical, pricing, risk management or credit pricing to ensure the business needs are met and analytics are correctly implemented.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Finance or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience. Master’s degree is preferred for senior level roles.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Extensive knowledge of financial theory and the behavior of various financial markets Experience in SQL, UNIX, database, scripting, Matlab/R.
* Knowledge of the real estate and mortgage industries
* Prior experience with HPI solutions
* General knowledge of public record data is a plus
* Experience with major risk vendor products
* Ability to translate business needs into technical solutions
* Strong analytical skills with the ability to apply to practical applications
* Ability to solve complex technical problems, assimilate information rapidly and work under time constraints
* Team player with the willingness to collaborate with other technical and non-technical partners
* Client focused approach with strong interpersonal skills
* Experience with extract, transform and load tools such as Informatica and Ab Initio
* Experiences with business intelligence tools and reporting software
* Excellent oral, presentation and written communication skills
* Excellent interpersonal and problem solving ability
* Effective organizational and negotiation skills
* Ability to successfully network with other departments where necessary
* May travel up to 15%
Financial Engineering Consultant III
Advanced professional level role. Works with financial models of significant complexity using advanced mathematical, analytical or econometric tools. Defines and discerns key aspects of problems that require intricate analysis and research, and develops highly complex solutions within a broad technical and business context. Defines and discerns key aspects of problems that require analysis and research, and develops a solution within a broad technical and business context of significant impact across multiple business units. Works on varied, complex projects that require in-depth skill in multiple technical environments and multiple business units. Works on multiple concurrent projects as a project team member or frequently as a project lead. May coach and/or mentor more junior technical staff. Typically requires eight (8) or more years of related work experience in developing mathematical formulas, financi al models and computer programs to create complex models of market trends and risks. Master’s degree and/or related professional certifications are preferred for this role.
Black Knight is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, and protected veteran or military family status. Our employees’ diversity is our strength, and when we embrace our differences, it makes us better and brighter. Black Knight’s commitment to inclusion is at the core of who we are, and motivates us in how we do business each and every day.
How to ApplyApplication URL: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=bWdvdWxldHRlLjY2NzIxLjEwNTk0QGJsYWNra25pZ2h0ZmluLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ
67 total views, 1 today