Full-Time Finance, Operations & HR Director
Job Title: Finance, Operations & HR Director
Reports to: Executive Director
Homeward Bound is the leading nonprofit organization in Buncombe County focused on ending homelessness using the best practice Housing First model. We work collaboratively with community partners and have a proven track record of stabilizing individuals and families. Since 2006, Homeward Bound has moved more than 2,150 men, women, and children off the streets, out of cars, camps, and shelters and into permanent housing – 89% have not returned to homelessness.
- We believe in the absolute value and worth of every single human being.
- We believe that housing is a basic human right.
- We believe that homelessness is a solvable problem.
- We believe that everyone should live without fear of oppression and persecution. Whether homeless or housed, each individual has the right to be who they are and to be treated with dignity and respect.
The Finance and Operations Director oversees and provides guidance on all financial and operational aspects of Homeward Bound of Western North Carolina. This person must have a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, related field, or comparable experience. Must have experience working in the nonprofit sector and familiarity with administering public sector grants.
- Bachelor’s in Business, Accounting or related field. Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Significant knowledge of and experience working in QuickBooks accounting software and Microsoft Excel.
- Prior experience working in nonprofit sector, administering public sector grants and contracts.
Skills: Highly organized, efficient, and detailed-oriented person, able to work and communicate effectively with Homeward Bound staff and board, grant program officers, community service providers, clients, and outside vendors.
- Implement Homeward Bound’s annual operating budget.
- Coordinate Accounts Payable and Receivable.
- Oversight of daily expense recording.
- Oversee monthly rent payments to local landlords and management companies, working closely with Finance Assistant and program directors to ensure timely and accurate payments.
- Prepare annual 1099-misc for vendors.
- Administer Federal, state, and municipal grants, including ensuring eligibility, monthly documentation, drawdown of funds and appropriate service match requirements. Work closely with Directors of Homeless and Housing Services to project timely expenditure of funds, serve as point of contact for desk audits of grants, and conduct percentage allocation of expenses across grants.
- Oversee the general ledger, reconciling all accounts monthly.
- Prepare monthly and year-to-date financial statements for the Executive Director and Board of Directors. Be available for meetings with the Finance Committee and full Board of Directors. Conduct year-end reporting at end of each fiscal year.
- Prepare materials for annual financial audit and serve as staff point of contact during audit field work.
- Supervise Finance Assistant.
- Oversee HR functions and facilitation of strategic planning of agency-wide HR initiatives.
- Oversee Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives for the agency.
- Work in partnership across departments to promote clear communication, teamwork and collective work in fulfilling the mission.
- Supervise HR Associate.
- Coordinate procurement of appropriate general liability, worker’s compensation, and board insurance. Understand and communicate insurance information to staff and board when necessary.
- Oversee operational contracts and issues related to office leases, vendors, vehicular fleet and others.
- Work closely with Housing Development and Facilities Director to manage all leases and contracts related to operations.
- Supervise operational support staff
** This job description does not list all job duties. Occasionally, a supervisor might request the performance of other reasonable duties in order to improve the financial and/or operational aspects of the agency.
Application Process: Please email resume and cover letter to apply(@)homewardboundwnc.org.
Homeward Bound bases its human resource decisions on objective criteria without regard to any characteristic or condition protected by law. We are committed to a workplace that offers an equal opportunity without discrimination based on race, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability, genetic information/medical history, military/veteran status, marital status, familial status, LGBTQIA status, or any characteristic or condition protected by law, but not specifically mentioned here.
How to ApplyApplication Process: Please email resume and cover letter to apply(@)homewardboundwnc.org.
163 total views, 2 today