Full-Time Finance Manager
Reports to: Head of Financial Accounting
Location: West London – currently operating an agile working policy with two core days (Mon and Wed) in the office
Contract: FTC (1 year)
Pattern: Full Time (standard hours 9am – 5.30pm)
Closing date: 04/10/2023 at 10am
Interviews: w/c 09/10/2023
Salary: £40,000 to £50,000 (depending on experience)
About the role:
We are looking for a skilled Finance Manager to join our team at Ark Schools Central office.
Reporting into the Head of Financial Accounting, this role is pivotal in transforming financial operations and helping to create more efficient financial processes. We are an efficiently operating finance team in search of a candidate to enhance and streamline our processes across several functions, including optimising tasks such as VAT and capital reporting.
Join our team to make a direct impact on the smooth and efficient function of our finance team for the benefit of our network of 39 schools.
- Driving improvements in the efficiency of quarterly Group VAT return preparation
- Streamlining capital income and expenditure reporting across the Ark Schools network
- Building a monthly Balance Sheet reporting pack for all Central locations
- Setting up the network’s cash management and investment procedure
- Preparation and submission of Group VAT returns for a network of 39 schools
- Preparing monthly Balance Sheet reporting pack for all Central locations
- Preparing reports for submission to the ESFA
- Maintain organised finance filing systems suitable for audits
- Undertake additional tasks directed by Ark Schools’ Head of Financial Accounting
- Part qualified or qualified in a CCAB qualification is highly desirable
- Track record of process improvement and streamlining
- Understanding of the complexities of finance in a large multi-site organisation
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel
- Strong technical skills combined with a good grasp of service principles
- Advanced level IT skills and ability to make effective use of standard software packages such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Strong administration skills and the ability to maintain effective systems
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills, with the ability to use own initiative to work with minimum supervision is essential
- Ability to work independently, problem solve and propose solutions
- Understand and respond to feedback to achieve the desired outcome
View the full job description and person specification here
We’re an international charity, transforming lives through education. We exist to give every young person, regardless of their background, a great education and real choices in life. In the UK, we’re a network of 39 schools, educating around 28,500 pupils in areas where we can make the biggest difference and we’re recognised as one of the highest achieving academy groups in the country. We want to change the lives of children everywhere, not just in our own schools. So, we create and incubate Ventures designed not only to help pupils in Ark schools, but also to improve education systems.
You’ll be joining a group of like-minded, ambitious individuals who work collaboratively and are all committed to our core mission, that every child has the potential to succeed. Having just celebrated our 20th anniversary, we are shaping our goals for the next 20 and there has never been a more exciting time to join us.
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays, rising with each year of service up to 30 days after 3-years’ service. This entitlement is pro rata for part time employees. This entitlement excludes bank holidays
- Full office closure between Christmas and New Year
- Hybrid working, with currently two days a week in our state-of-the-art office in West London working alongside colleagues
- Regular social events, monthly free breakfast, and daily fruit
- A flexible approach to working with understanding and consideration for work life balance and personal commitments
- As an Ark employee, you will have the opportunity to be part of the TPT (The Pension Trust) scheme, our workplace pension scheme where we make an 11% contribution; you are not required to contribute towards this scheme unless you choose to. Depending on your role you may also be entitled to LGPS which is a defined benefit scheme where you contribute a percentage based on how much you earn (as do we) in exchange for a guaranteed amount in your pension pot every year
- Access to high-quality professional learning throughout your career, offering both face-to-face sessions and a bespoke online learning platform
- Access to Ark Rewards scheme offering savings from over 3,000 major retailers, interest-free loans available for season tickets or a bike, gym discounts offering up to 40% off your local gym and free eye tests
Ark is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in its academies. In order to meet this responsibility, its academies follow a rigorous selection process to discourage and screen out unsuitable applicants.
Ark requires all employees to undertake an enhanced DBS check. You are required, before appointment, to disclose any unspent conviction, cautions, reprimands or warnings under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975. Non-disclosure may lead to termination of employment. However, disclosure of a criminal background will not necessarily debar you from employment – this will depend upon the nature of the offence(s) and when they occurred. To read more about Ark’s safer recruitment process, please click this link.
We aim to build a diverse and inclusive organisation where everyone – staff and students – can do their best work and achieve their full potential. We want to reflect and represent diverse perspectives across our organisation because we know that doing so will make us stronger and more effective. To know more about Ark’s diversity and inclusion commitments, please click on this link
How to ApplyApply with a CV and cover letter on our online recruitment portal. Applications to be submitted by Wednesday 4th October 2023 at 10am but please note: we will be reviewing applications on an on-going basis and this advert may close earlier than advertised depending on the level of response. Click here to apply This ATS application form should take no longer 20 minutes to complete. At any time, you can pause, save, and log back in. If you have any difficulty with meeting the deadline for application, please contact email@example.com Interviews will be arranged as suitable candidates are identified, so early application is strongly advised.
56 total views, 1 today