Part-Time Finance and Operations Coordinator
Finance and Operations Coordinator (San Francisco)
About the National Center for Lesbian Rights
NCLR is a strong and effective national legal organization dedicated to achieving full civil and human rights for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) people and their families through impact litigation, public policy work, direct legal services, and community and public education. NCLR values team and community collaboration and fosters an engaged and dynamic work culture where staff are valued and thrive.
NCLR advocates for more than 5,000 lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people and their families in all fifty states each year, including LGBT seniors, immigrants, athletes, and youth. Our impact litigation serves all LGBT people in the United States. For more information about NCLR, please visit our website: www.NCLRights.org.
NCLR is looking for a 0.5 FTE (20 hours per week) Finance and Operations Coordinator to join our San Francisco office. The Coordinator reports to the Director of Finance & Operations, and is an important part of the Operations Team, which includes: Accounting, the HR consultant, the Operations Manager, and the Director of Finance & Operations.The Finance and Operations Coordinator assists the Operations Manager on the day-to-day and long-term operations of the offices, bookkeeping, human resources support, external relations with IT and administration-related vendors, and monitors the needs of the organization to ensure staff and NCLR are able to operate smoothly. This position supports and implements systems for office efficiency. NCLR has nearly 25 staff both in the San Francisco office and remote locations. This position is well-suited for anyone who is passionate about social justice, interested in nonprofit administration, and hopes to gain exceptional work experience in a growing and active work environment, and understands that efficient office administration and bookkeeping are the backbone of any nonprofit. This is a non exempt position.
Key Responsibilities (percentages are approximate):
Office Administration & Operations Coordination (60%)
● Support the Operations Team’s overall goals and expectations
● Front Desk duties: Answer phones and direct callers as needed, greet clients/visitors arriving in office and direct to the appropriate person, maintains organized, safe and clean reception area
● Office, facilities, and operations: Assist with day-to-day needs including office equipment, supplies, furniture, technology, internal agency communications and calendaring, emergency preparedness plans, and other office needs, along with Ops Manager
● IT and Telecommunications: Serve as the secondary contact with our remote IT vendor, provide on the ground support, assist with specific IT projects as needed; participate in monthly IT meeting
● External vendors and consultants: Assist in managing these relationships, including costs and contracts, for supplies, postage/UPS, telephones, copiers, water, etc
● Onboarding/Human Resources: Post job openings, order business cards, manage workspace and IT setup for all new employees, provide consistent introduction to office procedures and office orientation, assisting the Operations Manager
● Files: Organize, implement and maintain electronic and paper filing systems and organize shared spaces in the office, including accounting files and HR files, along with Operations Manager.
● Assist Operations Manager in maintaining annual updates of agency policies and procedures including emergency policies, finance policies and procedures and other agency wide policies.
● Coordinate office configurations and moves, along with Operations Manager
● Coordinate onsite and offsite file storage, along with Legal Assistants
Bookkeeping and Finance Support (30%)
NCLR will provide training for all accounting support tasks as needed
o Ensure entry of all income and expense on a timely basis either via direct entry or via correct importing of cloud-based data
o Prepare and make weekly deposits if needed
o Assist in accounts payable and payment of all bills, including staff reimbursements, and utilization of cloud-based systems
o Maintain systems of entry for company credit card expenses, and tracking of all receipts
● Serve as the secondary staff liaison to the external accountants regarding monthly reconciliations and other accounting processes
● Support NCLR’s annual audit and funder audits, including working with the external accountants on document preparation and providing onsite assistance to the auditors
● Ensure that all accounting-related hard and soft copy documents are filed
● Strong attention to detail
● Excellent organizational and time management skills
● Familiarity and comfort with technology, particularly basic troubleshooting of information management systems and computers
● Familiarity with Microsoft Office, Google applications, and ability to learn new online systems
● An affinity for improving processes, creating efficient systems, and institutionalizing knowledge
● Enthusiasm for the work of the organization and its potential, including a demonstrated commitment to social justice.
● Have an awareness of and commitment to a broad range of racial and economic justice issues and an understanding of the multiple communities NCLR represents.
● Previous experience with nonprofit bookkeeping, AP/AR processing, QuickBooks or other accounting software a plus
Wages and Benefits
This is a part- time, non-exempt position. Hourly wage range is $17-$20 per hour. Wages and benefits are competitive and include medical, dental, and vision coverage; one and one-half weeks of vacation per year and holidays; short-term and long-term disability insurance; life insurance; pre-tax flexible spending plans for qualified health care, dependent care, transportation and parking benefits; and participation in a 403(b) retirement plan.
How to ApplyApplication Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Go here to apply: https://nclr.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=31 The National Center for Lesbian Rights affirmatively values diversity and seeks to hire staff that reflects the diversity of our communities. Transgender people, non-binary people, intersex people, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, and people with disabilities are particularly encouraged to apply. NCLR provides reasonable accommodations for the application, interview, or any other aspect of the employee selection process to applicants with disabilities. Please e-mail email@example.com to request an accommodation. No telephone calls please. NCLR is an equal opportunity employer. NCLR is committed to providing a work environment free of harassment, discrimination, retaliation, and disrespectful or other unprofessional conduct based on sex, sex stereotype, race, color, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, weight, height, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all employment practices including hiring, benefits, promotions, training, disciplinary action, and termination.
80 total views, 1 today