Full-Time Finance and Business Manager
Title: Finance and Business Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Status: Full Time
Salary: Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location: Providence Office
Sojourner House is a comprehensive domestic and sexual violence agency that provides residential, educational, and community-based interventions to families and individuals impacted by abuse. We seek a full-time Finance and Business Manager who will be a strategic member of Sojourner House’s team and report to the Executive Director. The Finance and Business Manager will help to manage the agency’s growing $3+ million budget, and they will be responsible for all of the accounting and bookkeeping functions of the organization, including payroll operations and preparations for the annual audit, as well as providing business development and management to the agency as a whole. The role requires an ability to do proper analysis in such areas as forecasting, budgeting, cost reduction, and operational performance. The individual must be exceptionally detail-oriented and maintain a high level of confidentiality regarding records of the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare and record checks for payment of agency expenses;
• Prepare and record payments and deposits;
• Perform timely and accurate monthly close to facilitate monthly grant reporting and invoicing.
• Oversee cash flow planning and ensure availability of funds as needed;
• Ensure maintenance of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures;
• Manage grant expenditures and prepare financial reports to funding sources;
• Verify, track, and reconcile tenant rent payments and security deposits;
• Manage the agency budget in coordination with the Executive Director and participate in both annual and long-term financial planning;
• Assist with the preparation and monitoring of individual grant and program budgets;
• Keep the leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status;
• Analyze and present financial reports in a timely manner to the Executive Director, Finance Committee, and Board of Directors.
• Prepare work papers and related materials to assist the organization’s independent annual audit;
• Oversee all payroll procedures in coordination with payroll service provider, including the tabulation of accrued employee benefits;
• Design and implement business plans and strategies to promote the attainment of financial goals;
• Ensure adherence to accounting and fiscal policies and objectives, and help to draft policies as needed and requested.
• Minimum of a B.A., ideally with an accounting, finance, or business degree;
• At least five (5) to seven (7) years of professional experience in financial and operations management;
• Previous non-profit financial management experience preferred;
• Experience with managing financial reports for federal grants;
• Experience with being responsible for the quality and content of financial data, reporting and audit documentation preparation;
• Experience with payroll functions;
• Tech savviness with experience with QuickBooks or other types of bookkeeping software;
• Excellent communication and relationship building skills with the ability to prioritize, negotiate and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders;
• A commitment to the mission of Sojourner House.
How to ApplyTo Apply: Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, salary requirements, and contact information for 2-3 potential references to Erin Cole at email@example.com with the subject line, “Finance and Business Manager”. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and early submissions are encouraged. Sojourner House is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered without regard to color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics. To learn more about our work, please visit us at www.sojournerri.org.
26 total views, 1 today