Full-Time Filling and Packaging Engineer I
The Filling and Packaging Engineer, reports to a Production Manager and is responsible for on-shift operational support of the IG department in Covington, GA. The Filling and Packaging Engineer focuses on rapidly resolving manufacturing problems, enabling manufacturing to meet production goals. As a member of the operations team, you will provides on-shift technical knowledge and leadership.
How you will contribute:
- Troubleshooting and provide timely resolution to technical issues in support of ramp-up and steady-state operations of two highly-automated pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities. Scope of support will include:
- IG Packaging Process
- Process equipment (Optima Vial Filling Machine, Palletizer, Marchesini Vial Labeler, Manual Conveyor, Tamper Evident, and Casepacker)
- Distributed Control System (DeltaV) and Process Logic Controllers
- Manufacturing Execution System (Siemens Simatic IT)
- Automation hardware
- Safety and quality investigations
- Continuously improve manufacturing operations by:
- Reducing manufacturing events, user interventions, and batch record alerts
- Identifying and developing opportunities to reduce cycle time, error proof operations, and eliminate waste
- Performing operational assessments to ensure proper processes, procedures, tools, and training are in place
- Investigating and resolving issues assigned from the departmental issues log
- Supporting Process Unit Team projects and Continuous Improvement efforts
- Actively support information sharing and learning between team members by:
- Leading Knowledge Transfer training with manufacturing staff
- Coaching manufacturing staff while partnering with them to resolve technical issues
- Developing troubleshooting guides for common problems
- Sharing process knowledge with colleagues across shift
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering discipline required. Some related experience preferred.
- Related work experience within a technical or GMP environment is preferred.
- Knowledge of basic engineering principles in various engineering disciplines
- Ability to solve routine engineering problems with minimal assistance
- Ability to discuss normally encountered technical issues, both verbally and in written form
- Ability to work as a collaborative team member
- Self-driven individual that requires minimal supervision
- Initial training in concepts of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma quality techniques is preferred
- Ability to work 12 hour shifts, including nights, weekends, and holidays to support a 24 x 7 manufacturing operation• Ability to work in a clean room environment
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment (such as hard hats, safety shoes, safety glasses, ear plugs) due to safety requirements in specific areas
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous paid time off for vacation, sick leave, and volunteering
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
At Takeda, our patients rely on us to create quality products and we aim to create a safe environment for our team members. As a result, we must follow strict rules in our manufacturing facilities to ensure we are not endangering the quality of the product or putting anyone at the site in harm’s way. In this role, you may:
- Work in a controlled environment requiring special gowning and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and body. This may include additional hearing protection for loud areas.
- Need to remove all make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail polish and/or artificial fingernails while in the manufacturing environment.
- Work in a cold, wet environment.
- Work multiple shifts, including weekends, or be asked to work supplemental hours, as necessary.
- Work around chemicals such as alcohol, acids, buffers and Celite that may require respiratory protection.
More About Us
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
USA – GA – Social Circle – Hwy 278
How to ApplyPlease apply via: https://jobs.takeda.com/job/social-circle/filling-and-packaging-engineer-i/1113/50221795872
36 total views, 3 today