Full-Time Field Director – Los Angeles, CA
In 2022, we are GOING BIG to protect the voting rights and reproductive rights of millions of Americans. We will launch massive campaigns across the country to register voters, collect signatures, organize volunteers, and expand and change the electorate, all while driving quality, equity, and justice in the political space. We know that the key to success on all fronts is recruiting and developing a strong team of directors. Join our team, and together we will deliver big wins for progressives and progressive causes..
We are currently seeking a Field Director to lead a team of petitioners. The objective is to gain ballot access for three candidates by registering the needed signature requirement for each of the three candidates in Los Angeles. As a Field Director you will be responsible for training petitioners on the legal process necessary to obtain valid signatures. This includes properly identifying the voter in regard to eligibility. Recording the pertinent points of information. As well as what practices could result in invalidation. The Field Director is also expected to continue training petitioners in the field while collecting signatures themselves daily; they must also communicate long term and short term goals to petitioners. The Field Director must report daily on total signatures collected, validity rates, and other qualitative measures to the Project Director. The Field Director will also be responsible for payroll functions.
If you are passionate about progressive politics, join our fight to continue the momentum of the 2020 election and play an important role in shaping the American electoral landscape in the upcoming midterms.
We are looking to hire urgently for an immediate start
Locations: Los Angeles, CA Strong preference for local and in-state candidates, short-term travel may be required.
Canvass Management Responsibilities:
- Managing a small team of canvassers, setting goals and holding staff accountable
- Train and provide ongoing motivation and support to staff
- Identify, promote, and train a leadership team
- Build a diverse team where staff feel respected, while fostering a culture of equity and justice
- Implement quality control measures to ensure integrity of the work
- Go in the field yourself at least three days per week to canvass, train staff, and help drive office goals by collecting petition signatures
- Maintain a healthy and safe working environment for all staff
- Develop strategic plans to reach target voters/constituencies in assigned locations
- Manage administrative duties, including reporting data, record keeping, processing payroll, and distributing materials
- Strong management skills, including the ability to motivate and inspire a team while also holding staff accountable to goals and expectations
- Can speak compellingly about campaign issues and strategy
- Willing and able to listen to staff and solve problems
- Committed to equity and inclusion
- Strong work ethic; able to persevere in the face of challenges and setbacks
- Flexible; ready for the unexpected and willing to adapt to last minute changes
- Eager to learn and open to feedback
- Basic tech competency (G-suite or microsoft office, smart phone or computer)
- Electoral, community, or issue-based campaign experience
- Experience running paid canvasses or managing paid employees
- Passion for social change and activism
- Team building ability
- Attention to detail
- A track record of success meeting or exceeding goals
- Experience working in underserved or marginalized communities
- Facilitation experience
- Local knowledge/experience
Salary: The salary range for this position is $1400/week depending on role and responsibility. Performance bonuses may be awarded at the midpoint and end of the campaign. We offer a generous benefits package, including paid vacation and sick leave, health insurance, a monthly phone stipend, and hands-on, paid training. At the end of the campaign, there may be opportunities for advancement.
Equity: If you are interested in this position but don’t think you qualify for everything, please don’t let that stop you from applying! At The Outreach Team, we prioritize equity and inclusion and believe our work is better when it benefits from the knowledge, experience, and wisdom of people who have faced systemic barriers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage Black, indigenous, people of color, women, people with previous felony convictions, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and others who identify with underrepresented groups to apply
Who We Are
The Outreach Team is the national engine of campaigners and organizers powering the progressive movement. With an on-the-ground presence in communities all across the country, our world-class team runs successful civic engagement campaigns on behalf of progressive organizations and campaigns—to build a future that’s fairer, greener, safer and more peaceful for everyone.
Our client list includes organizations like Democratic National Committee, Black Progressive Action Coalition, Everytown for Gun Safety Action Fund, Climate Action Campaign, Planned Parenthood, Democratic Senate Campaign Committee, For our Future, Solar Rights Alliance, The United Food and Commercial Workers International Union, and more.
Please note: We want to hire people of all gender identities. This hiring platform (JazzHR) does not allow us to add in specific options for gender identities outside of the binary, but we are currently working with them to find a solution.
How to ApplyApply Here: https://theoutreachteam.applytojob.com/apply/MWwXdRCJaQ/Field-Director--Los-Angeles-CA?source=Pink+Jobs
274 total views, 0 today