Full-Time Ferry Oiler
- Assist the Ferry Chief Engineer in the operation and maintenance of engines and equipment on one of the largest ferry fleets in North America.
- Inspect, operate, and maintain all engines and auxiliary equipment while the vessel is underway.
- Perform minor and preventive maintenance while underway and assisting major motor overhauls while dry-docked.
- Follow all safety and Homeland Security rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of US Coast Guard rules and regulations on occupational hazards and safety precautions for engine room work aboard ferries.
- Knowledge of the marine engine room.
- Skills required to maintain constant awareness of engines, generators, and switchboard conditions.
- Knowledge of the proper use of hand tools and gauges.
- Valid US Coast Guard Oiler Certificate.
- Valid MMC document.
- Transportation Worker Identification Credential Card (TWIC) issued by the Transportation Security Administration (TSA).
- Your work will be performed under direct observation for safe and efficient operation of all equipment.
- Your work shift will be 7 days on and 7 days off.
- A COPY OF YOUR TWIC AND VALID MMC DOCUMENT MUST BE INCLUDED IN YOUR APPLICATION AND PRESENTED AT YOUR INTERVIEW.
To learn more and get your TWIC go to: https://www.dco.uscg.mil/nmc/twicTo learn more and get your Able Seaman Certificate (MMC) go to: https://www.dco.uscg.mil/Portals/9/NMC/pdfs/helpful_links/how_to_obtain_mmc.pdf
How to ApplyYou MUST apply at https://bit.ly/3rqUkmx We also have another opening at https://bit.ly/3sby8vY and you can apply for that one too!
310 total views, 0 today