Full-Time Ferry Chief Engineer – $1,500 SIGNING BONUS!
- Knowledge of operations, maintenance and repairs of marine diesel and gas engines, pumps, generators and auxiliary equipment.
- Knowledge of State, Federal, and US Coast Guard laws and regulations regarding occupational hazards and safety precautions for engine room work aboard vessels.
- Demonstrated ability supervising personnel in all areas of engine room operations.
- Demonstrated ability to overhaul and maintain complex engineering equipment up to including large internal combustion diesel engines.
- Skills repairing and performing required periodic maintenance of vessel equipment in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions, Coast Guard regulations, and Ferry Division Policy.
- Valid US Coast Guard license as Chief Engineer or Designated Duty Engineer with appropriate horsepower for the vessel operated.
- Transportation Worker Identification Credential Card (TWIC) issued by the Transportation Security Administration.
- Work schedule is 7 days on/7 days off.
- A copy of both your TWIC and Merchant Mariner Credential (MMC) endorsed as a Chief Engineer or higher, or Limited Assistant Engineer or Endorsement stating “CHIEF ENGINEER OF MOTOR PROPELLED VESSEL OF LESS THAN 4,000 HP RESTRICTED TO NORTH CAROLINA DEPARTMENT OF TRANPORTATION PASSENGER FERRIES” MUST BE PRESENTED AT TIME OF THE INTERVIEW PROCESS.” must be presented during your interview.
To learn more and get your TWIC go to: https://www.dco.uscg.mil/nmc/twicTo learn more and get your MMC go to: https://www.dco.uscg.mil/Portals/9/NMC/pdfs/helpful_links/how_to_obtain_mmc.pdf
How to ApplyYou MUST apply at https://tinyurl.com/6793wck5
119 total views, 0 today