Full-Time Farmers Market Senior Manager
WHO WE ARE: FRESHFARM is a nonprofit that promotes sustainable agriculture and improves food access, education, and equity in the Mid-Atlantic region. FRESHFARM programs address a wide range of topics, including sustainable agriculture, farmers’ and producers’ economic development, and food access. Through our Farmer’s Markets and Pop-Up Food Hub programs, we are finding innovative ways to solve critical problems across our regional food system for a more equitable, resilient, and safe food future.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Passionate about food access and sustainable agriculture as vehicles for social change
- Excellent communicator; skilled at engaging with diverse stakeholders and personalities
- Strong people and project manager; adept at solving problems
- Committed to making local food spaces more diverse and inclusive
WHAT YOU’LL DO: The FARMERS MARKETS SENIOR MANAGER is responsible for overseeing the successful implementation of FRESHFARM’s markets and market programs. They will lead the Senior Markets team and oversee front-line market operations staff.
- Provide programmatic leadership, supervising the Farmers Market program units and guide the Senior Markets team in taking ownership of program implementation.
- Collaborate with the Director of Agricultural Programs and the Pop-Up Food Hub Senior Manager to develop strategy across the Pop-Up Food Hub and Farmers Markets programs.
- Manage administrative and financial processes, leading annual programmatic reporting and overseeing weekly programmatic and financial reporting.
- Track and analyze all program spending and analyze revenue from market sales.
- Oversee staff development, providing high-level mentorship and supervision of the Senior Markets team and guiding their roles as supervisors for front-line markets operations staff.
- Collaborate with Farmer’s Market Personnel Manager and/or HR Manager to draft job descriptions and manage hiring as needed.
- Join a dynamic and motivated team that is passionate about engaging with local farmers and producers.
- Play a key role in shaping farmers markets to be vibrant hubs for community engagement.
- Access an abundance of peak-season local foods!
- This is a full-time, exempt position compensated at an annual salary of $70,000 – $78,000.
- FRESHFARM offices operate Monday through Friday during normal business hours; the markets team may work Tuesday through Saturday during market operating season in order to accomodate for work hours on weekends, which are required for this role. Weekly schedules can be determined based on work demands and weekend needs.
- For example, work on weekends may be needed to visit markets and meet with stakeholders as well as to support staffing coverage for market operations.
- This employee will be expected to be able to work at the office and access all FRESHFARM market locations in DC, MD, and VA. Offices are currently closed except for essential business, including key meetings, and when offices are open, remote work is available.
- All full-time employees receive 72 hours annual sick leave, 11 annual holidays and 3 floating holidays per year (8 hours each), and 80 hours of annual vacation leave (with increases after 3 years of service).
- Typically, FRESHFARM offices close for a 1 week winter break, which includes paid time-off for salaried employees.
- Eligible to enroll in 100% employer covered healthcare, as well as generous employer coverage for vision and dental and employer paid short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, AD&D and an employee assistance program (EAP).
- Eligible to contribute to a 403b plan (opt-in; roth or post-tax).
PHYSICAL & OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Prior experience with managing people, creating systems, and farmers market operations required
- Proficient in GSuite (or similar software)
- Able to work in all-weather conditions in an outdoor environment.
- Able to occasionally lift and/or move objects weighing up to 40 lbs.
- Able to remain in a stationary position and/or move about the worksite while supervising or
visiting operations at farmers markets.
- Access to personal smartphone required; $25/month tech reimbursement provided for use
- This role requires access to a laptop with 8GB RAM and webcam. FRESHFARM will provide a triennial stipend of $1000 to maintain or to purchase such a personal device, if needed.
How to Apply
- Send resume and cover letter detailing your interest and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis; those submitted before 05/22 will be reviewed with priority. Applications will close after 05/29.
232 total views, 0 today