Full-Time Facilities Manager
Position Title: Facilities Manager
Reports to: Chief Clinic Operations Officer
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Manhattan & Jackson Heights
With a hands-on approach, responsible for the proper functioning, appearance, cleanliness, safety, and regulatory compliance of the physical (5) story building and its medical facilities in which Apicha Community Health Center operates. Ensures all work is done in accordance with local/State/Federal & OSHA regulations. Daily managing of cleaning staff duties, ground keeping and of all facility and building related issues including maintenance service and repair contracts, security, fire safety, custodial and Coordinating all construction projects at both the 400 Broadway and Jackson Heights site.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Handles the oversight of Apicha CHC building/facility including annual review of current contracts and ensure appropriate bidding process of new contracts as necessary.
• Oversight of vendors relating to standpipes, sprinklers, security systems; HVAC; elevators; boiler and water pumps; electric and wiring systems; and all parts of the interior and exterior of the building, including the roof and sidewalk.
• Completes departmental work orders according to specifications and standards
• Coordinates department operations, budgets and monitoring expenditures.
• Ensure the proper maintenance of all equipment and arrangements for repair and/or replacement of used and damage equipment.
• Provide oversights and maintain records of contracted preventative maintenance, repairs, warranties and inspections to ensure timely completion of services
• Supervise, train, develop and assign cleaning staff responsibilities and schedules.
• Manage the daily activities of the cleaning staff to include appropriate cleaning of exam rooms, waiting areas, restroom, public spaces, offices, stairwell, and sidewalks.
• Oversees regular inspections of the facility and equipment for safety, upkeep and appearance.
• Answers all violations imposed by regulatory agencies by attendance at scheduled hearings; ensure remediation for all violations; and ensure that applicable fines are paid promptly.
• Coordinates all facilities-related joint projects with any external entities or program staff when any of our sites are directly involved.
• Acts as liaison with the general contractor assigned to all construction projects to ensure appropriate progress and coordinate all internal requirements through the formation of a work group that meets regularly.
• Coordinate agency emergency operations (non-medical) planning and training.
• Implement training program for all staff to ensure compliance with all applicable safety standards, as mandated by such entities as FDNY, OSHA, etc.
• Develops written policy and operational procedures for all assigned areas in a manual format for reference by all staff.
• Monitor and improve safety and security through the agency performance improvement methodology and report on these activities to the QI Committee.
• Keeps the Chief of Clinic Operations promptly and fully informed of all issues or unusual matters of significance and takes prompt corrective action, where necessary, or suggests alternative courses of action to address issues and improve systems.
• Conducts environment rounds in clinical and non-clinical spaces daily; in addition, to monthly with the Chief of Clinic Operations. Document findings and provide a course of corrective actions as required.
• Conducts new department staff orientation and in-service training to explain policies, work procedure, and to demonstrate use and maintenance of equipment.
• Ensure evening shift operations are performing efficiently, conduct environment rounds with team and apply corrective actions as required.
• Ensure safety of all sites during inclement weather.
• Develop and manage a floor maintenance program ensuring floor striped, finishing and burnished.
• Serves as Apicha CHC fire Marshall and all responsibilities associated with this role.
• Manage and maintains proper par-level of equipment/facility supplies.
• Maintains a favorable working relationship with other employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate which will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity and efficiency.
• Displays a positive attitude within the department and across departmental lines in support of Apicha CHC programs and mission.
• Maintains a safe and clean work/patient care environment.
• Performs other duties and/or special projects as assigned.
• Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent with at least 5 years of building and/or office management experience
• Should have working knowledge of NYS Dept of Health regulations, OSHA, MSDS, CDC, boilers, compressors, generators as well as various mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems.
• Ability to perform general building maintenance and minor building repairs
• Extensive experience in HVAC, plumbing, electric, carpentry & general maintenance
• Excellent communication skill, especially when working with vendors and contractors
• Excellent organizational skills, including ability to crate effective tracking systems for routine inspections and repair issues
• Experience with oversight of construction projects a plus
• Ability to handle multiple, simultaneous tasks, and excellent attention to detail
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to work in a culturally diverse environment
• Able to work flexible hours including early mornings, evenings and weekends as needed
• Ability to travel daily between sites using public transportation
How to ApplyIf you are interested in the position please apply through our Apicha website at: https://www.apicha.org/healthcare-jobs-in-new-york-city/
40 total views, 2 today