Full-Time Eyewear Designer
Warby Parker is on the lookout for a truly amazing eyewear designer with a strong focus in technical design. In this role, you’ll translate our seasonal collections into wearable frames that fit a wide array of faces (more frames for more faces, we’ve always said.). This is the perfect position for an experienced designer who has a keen eye for detail, excels at meeting deadlines, and stays organized with ease. Sound like you? Keep reading.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with our Senior Eyewear Design Manager to translate innovative concepts for new collections into frame illustrations
- Create true-to-scale frame illustrations with technical details to ensure the final drawing can be easily interpreted by our factories
- Partner with development and material designers to create prototypes that will match our concepts and target costs
- Partner with the Merchandising and Planning team to adjust and incorporate styles that address new trends and current gaps within our product assortment
- Maintain and improve upon the organization of all vintage, inspirational, and approved but unassorted frames
- Effectively communicate with the Head Designer to move in-progress designs to completion
Who you are:
- The proud owner of a bachelor’s degree in industrial design or another similar discipline
- Backed by 3+ years of experience with strong technical skills in designing eyewear, jewelry, or other accessories
- An expert with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Detail-oriented and able to focus in a (sometimes) hectic environment
- Passionate about design with an eye towards business (making edits to final assortments based on business needs is par for the course)
- Confident in creating/interpreting beautiful designs on an ambitious timeline
- Not on the Office of Inspector General’s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
- Experienced working in AutoCAD
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire and impact the world with vision, purpose, and style.
We accomplish this by reimagining everything that a company and industry can be. We’ve proven that a business can scale, be profitable, and do good in the world—without charging a premium for it. And we’ve learned that it takes creativity, empathy and innovation to consistently surpass customer expectations.
Since the day we launched in 2010, we’ve pioneered ideas, designed products, and developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything our customers need for happier eyes at a price that leaves them with money in their pockets, from designer-quality glasses and contacts to eye exams and vision tests.
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program. Over eight million pairs of glasses have been distributed in over 50 countries; that means eight million people now have the glasses they need to learn, work, and achieve better economic outcomes.
At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings and events, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company filled with curious, kind folks. Dreaming up and sharing ideas aren’t responsibilities reserved for certain teams or leaders; the challenge (a really fun one) of innovation is on all of our shoulders. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community and belonging keeps us excited to walk through the door every day, wherever that door may be.
We’re driven to continue building a workplace, based on inclusive behaviors and equitable systems, where all employees can bring their authentic selves, feel engaged, and share their perspectives as a valued member of Team Warby. Transparency is what we’re all about, and our annual Impact Report and Racial Equity Strategy lay out how we’re sticking to these values.
How to Applyhttps://grnh.se/139a676d1us
918 total views, 0 today