Full-Time Executive Director – South Region
Founded in 2007, The Mission Continues (TMC), is a national non profit organization that connects veterans with under-resourced communities, empowering veterans to continue their service, and empowering communities with veteran talent, skills and preparedness to generate visible impact.
Interest in our ‘double impact’ model is at an all time high. In an increasingly polarized and online country, there is a need and desire for social impact models that connect people in person. Veterans possess the drive and desire to serve others, but without access to the tools and networks needed, their potential to make meaningful impact at the local level remains untapped. On the other end of the spectrum, there are a growing number of communities that are excluded from resources, development and opportunity that are prime contexts for local leadership, service and impact. TMC brings these two sectors together – community revitalization and veteran engagement – creating the structure and opportunity for veterans to design and lead truly impactful community service projects.
TMC’s strategic plan is anchored by four objectives: 1,000 veteran leaders mobiled, developed and trained; 80 community-focused operations established and thriving; 70,000 veteran and community members activated in service; and 2M+ citizens influenced and impacted.
About The Opportunity:
A key organizational leader for TMC, the Executive Director (ED) is the external face for the region, who cultivates new relationships and strengthens existing ones with local and national organizations. The ED is an active networker who enjoys speaking in public forums about TMC’s mission in a way that excites our external partners and our veteran community. The ED works cross-functionally and collaboratively with the development team to reach fundraising targets for the region and for the organization.
The ED also sets the regional vision; inspiring the staff, the veteran volunteers, and the local partners in every platoon and city across their region, and aligning the execution of TMC’s strategic plan with the region’s annual action plan. Reporting to the VP of Regional Operations, the ED manages a team, including a Regional Director of Operations, who is responsible for the day-to-day management of the region’s operations. Regions consists of 6-7 full-time staff members; 18-21 veteran-led service platoons stewarding local operational partners in roughly 12 cities; 300+ different service, support and social projects throughout the year; and an approximately $1 million budget.
Ideal candidates are experienced leaders who have a deep appreciation for our work in veteran engagement and community service; the drive to build and reach fundraising targets; a track record of building effective, cohesive teams; and are creative, entrepreneurial, and exceptional relationship and partnership builders.
Key Outcomes & Responsibilities:
● Successfully sets and leads implementation of regional strategic plan, ensuring regional goals are met and include veteran engagement, fundraising and community engagement
● Stewards existing partners leading to renewal of sponsorships and securing upgrades for multiyear partnerships
● Secures sponsorships for 100% of the entire portfolio of platoons (18-21) in their region, reaching fundraising targets (approximately $750k – 1M annually) through successfully building a donor pipeline and stewarding existing partnerships
● Builds a high performing team and culture which reflects strong, trusting relationships and TMC’s core values and is demonstrated in formal 360 performance and culture reviews
Core Skills Required:
● Passion for TMC’s Mission & Core Values: demonstrates sincere interest in veterans’ issues, and passion and energy for community service projects; embodies and practices TMC’s core values
● Fundraising: driven by building donor pipelines and stewarding donor relationships; track record of successfully raising funds is preferred
● External Relations & Partnerships: animated by serving as external face of an organization; actively engages community stakeholders and builds impactful partnerships; seeks and obtains speaking engagements and networking opportunities
● Strategic Planning & Goal Setting: sets clear vision, strategic plans and goals
● Building & Leading Effective Teams: Leads and inspires teams to rally around a vision; builds strong team culture through trust, respect and collaboration
● Creativity & Innovation: demonstrates creativity, a passion for building and entrepreneurialism
How to ApplyTo Apply: This search is being managed by Axis Talent Partners. Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter detailing their interest in our mission and qualifications for the position to: https://axistalentpartners.applytojob.com/apply.
58 total views, 1 today