Full-Time Executive Assistant to Vice President, Clinical
This role acts as a representative of the executive office and the Vice President, Clinical. The role provides executive level administrative support to an executive member at the Hospital for Sick Children in a manner that enables the executive to manage their portfolio in the most efficient and effective manner. The role, based on an understanding of the confidential and sensitive environment of a fast-paced, high pressure executive office, manages the administrative function by: researching and producing required information (reports, presentations, data); managing/screening requests on the executive’s time; anticipating outcomes of requests made to the executive and redirecting or initiating preliminary action; working on special projects for the executive’s office; undertaking the office management for the executive’s office; and planning required meetings, events and travel. In addition, the job is required to act on behalf of the executive in analyzing, resolving and communicating on portfolio wide issues of low to moderate complexity.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Autonomously Supports and acts as a partner to the Executive. Utilizes business knowledge and strong interpersonal skills to identify areas and processes for improvement, navigates complex organizational challenges and confidential/sensitive situations to successfully support actioning key deliverables within designated timelines.
- Fully Cognizant of and involved with all the business in the portfolio to proactively address timelines and priorities. Manage and prioritize initiatives simultaneously through effective verbal communication, writing, editing, research, analysis, and problem solving in a strategic, efficient and effective manner.
- Strategic and Performance Accountabilities – Supports the Executive’s objectives and goals by actively understanding and supporting the Executive’s delivery of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). Monitor the KPIs on behalf of the Executive in order to provide status and input on variance in strategies and timelines
- Finance – Manage access and general administrative oversite of the Executive’s portfolio cost center. Tracks and coordinates medium scope function budgets and processes expense reports. Responsible for the monitoring and processing of Foundation grant funds and working in collaboration with finance to ensure appropriate allocations
- Research and Reporting – Monitor, analyze, and summarize data trends impacting the portfolio. Prepare briefing notes from documents and reports submitted to the Executive office by both internal and external contacts, highlighting the issues of significance and where appropriate, with suggested recommendations for action
- Meetings and Committee Support – Manages and/or oversees all portfolio committees led by the Executive. Leads and coordinates any necessary pre-work and planning for meetings by managing communications with the committee, sensitive/written reports, meeting minutes, tracking workplan, terms of reference, action items, committee objectives and coordinating corporate deliverables
- Communication & Liaison Support – Represents the Executive’s portfolio by reporting on business activities within the team and using strong business writing expertise to draft communications and action as a communications liaison to ensure the timely dissemination of crucial information to various stakeholders while respecting the highly confidential, privileged, and sensitive nature of the content
- Human Resources Accountabilities – Acts as a liaison for HR by managing employee data, coordinating, and actioning recruitment, onboarding, training, offboarding, ensuring business continuity and the various performance assessment tasks
- Special Assignments and Projects – Identifies, analyzes, and bridges gaps in project management, strategic initiatives, and administrative resources until appropriate personnel structure can be put in place to ensure business continuity. Lead medium scope initiatives by developing strategies and coordinating implementation to meet objectives
- Technology – Demonstrates technology expertise through integrating new and evolving technology tools to assist in streamlining workflows, troubleshooting, developing, gathering, and interpreting data for the Executive. Adapts new technologies to implement innovative workflows to improve processes
- Bachelor’s degree and ideally a graduate of an Office Administration Program or Health Administration Program
- 10 years of senior executive administrative support functions with a min. of 2 years working in a healthcare (clinical) environment.
- Advanced Technical Skills and knowledge of Microsoft Suite including OneNote, Teams, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, SharePoint and Windows environments in order to prepare presentations, minutes, professional and financial reports
- Accurate (dicta) typing of ~70 words per minute, minute-taking, correspondence composition and preparation
- Advanced writing, editing and verbal skills, possessing good judgment, interpersonal and critical thinking skills
- Intuitive, anticipatory and comfortable working independently with minimal guidance and oversight.
- Exceptional presentation development skills to support presentations to Executives and Board Committees
- Excellent judgment in the absence of established procedures and precedents.
- Exemplary planning and organization skills with the ability to multi-task and change priorities frequently under short notice
- Strong ability to adapt to and support a variety of different personalities and work-flow preferences
- Demonstrated ability to work in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment with multiple competing priorities
- Excellent analytical acumen, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Exemplary skills in relationship-building and communication in order to establish trust and confidence with diverse hospital stakeholders
- A solid sense of confidentiality, discretion and professionalism
- Results-oriented with a commitment to excellence
- Ability to quickly learn and understand unique software platforms that may be presented and manage workflow and organize files in a paperless environment
Employment Type: Permanent, Full-time.
Flexible Hybrid work environment. Join the SickKids Team; work alongside the best & brightest. Freedom to innovate & be your authentic self. Learnings galore, incl. tuition reimbursement. Wellness & Peer Support Programs. Health Benefits & DB Pension Plan.
How to ApplyTo apply, please visit The Hospital for Sick Children's (SickKids) website: https://career.sickkids.ca:8001/psc/CRPRD/CAREER/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=17755&PostingSeq=1
666 total views, 0 today