The Events Manager will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for the development, planning, execution, and evaluation of all Sacramento LGBT Community Center events including Sacramento Pride, Q-Prom, our signature fundraising events, and coordination of 3rd party fundraising and community engagement events.
This position reports to the Development Manager and works in partnership with development and program staff, volunteers, stakeholders, as well as directly with community members of diverse backgrounds. This work of this position supports the organization’s objective to build a culturally rich LGBTQ community in order to create a region where LGBTQ people thrive. This is a full-time, exempt position.
• Plan and implement all fundraising and community engagement events, including the Center’s signature events Sacramento Pride, Mama’s Makin’ Bacon Drag Brunch, Q-Prom, Sacramento Pride Awards, Vision of Equality Luncheon, and others as they arise
• Oversee all external (3rd Party) events and fundraising efforts
• Recruit, lead, and steward all event committees and interns
• Develop a detailed volunteer plans for each event and partner with the Volunteer Coordinator to ensure smooth operation of all events
• Develop and manage all event budgets in alignment with the agency budget and in coordination with development staff and finance staff
• Maintain detailed tracking documents for all income, expenses, and other measures of progress, and regularly provide reports to the Development Manager and Board’s External Affairs Committee including any anticipated variation from agreed upon targets
• Develop strategies to exceed revenue goals and strive to reduce expenses in order to maximize the impact of every dollar
• Research selection of, negotiate and manage vendor and performer contracts
• Ensure compliance with all laws, regulations, Center policy, and safety obligations
• Support the Development Manager in soliciting, securing, and fulfilling corporate partnership relationships
• Empower event committees to solicit and secure in-kind donations, grants, or other cost off-setting resources for events
• Manage logistics and supplies before, during, and after events
• Develop and manage appropriate marketing, public relations, advertising, and ticket sales in coordination with the Community Engagement and Marketing Coordinator
• Gather all necessary program-related information for event-related publications, the on-stage program and event multimedia
• Use Raiser’s Edge to ensure that all ticket sales, event guests, gifts, corporate partners, vendors, and volunteer information is recorded in the database in coordination with the Development Manager
• Create content for event pages on the website, e-Newsletter, and social media platforms in coordination with the Community Engagement and Marketing Coordinator
• Attend all development events; must be willing and flexible to work evenings/weekends
• Participate in staff meetings, planning meetings, committee meetings and other meetings as needed
• Serve as a community representative and liaison to local, city and state agencies
• Obtain permits and ensure compliance with all laws, regulations, and agency approval processes and policies
• Support Development/Communications as needed; manage and fulfill corporate sponsorships and agreements, and development campaigns
• Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in event management, marketing, public relations, community organizing, or other related fields. Relevant professional experience may substitute for formal education.
• 3-5 years’ event management experience, including events with a significant volunteer base and over $350,000 gross revenue (festivals, peer to peer walks/runs/rides, galas)
● Passion for the Center’s mission and work to create a region where LGBTQ people thrive and a demonstrated ability to work effectively with people of diverse races, ethnicities, nationalities, sexual orientations, gender identities, socio-economic backgrounds, religions, ages, English-speaking abilities, immigration status, and physical abilities in a multicultural environment is required.
● Proven experience deploying technology to enhance event production efficiency and guest experience
● Proficient computer skills and knowledge including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point are required. Google Application, Eventbrite, WordPress, Raiser’s Edge, Slack, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other social media are preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including interpersonal communication and public speaking are required.
• Strong project management skills, including managing projects with multiple strict and competing deadlines and a proven attention to detail, organization, and timely follow through
• Demonstrated ability to anticipate potential threats, develop contingency plans, problem-solve through crises effectively, and maintain calm in a high-pressure environment
• Demonstrated ability to develop realistic budgets, accurately forecast revenue, plan contingencies, and tenaciously seek opportunities to reduce costs in order to exceed financial and attendance performance goals
● Ability to work independently and as part of a team and demonstrated experience building and managing a volunteer workforce and event or project committees
• Working knowledge of the Sacramento region and experience working with local event venues with capacities ranging from 300-25,000+ and experience working with the City of Sacramento Special Events permitting process
● Flexibility of schedule, including evenings/weekends, and limited travel; expect to work extended hours and maintain availability when away from the office as needed
● The person in this position may be required to sit or stand for extended periods, maneuver tight storage space, move objects up to 50 pounds, ascend/descend stairs, operate computers, copiers, and other office equipment, open and close filing cabinets and boxes, observe visitors, and communicate messages and tone by telephone
● Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable automobile transportation with proof of valid insurance. Must be willing to drive during work hours for pick-up, drop-off materials as necessary
● Offers of employment may be contingent on satisfactory results of a criminal history background check
● Full-time, exempt
● Salary Range $3,641-$3,958 per month DOE
● Monthly stipend to assist with health coverage
● Paid vacation, sick time, and holidays
● Company paid cell phone
● Annual professional development opportunities
About the Organization:
The Sacramento LGBT Community Center works to create a region where LGBTQ people thrive. We support the health and wellness of the most marginalized, advocate for equality and justice, and work to build a culturally rich LGBTQ community.
Position is located in Sacramento, CA.
The Sacramento LGBT Community Center is an Equal Opportunity employer. We actively seek applications from all persons regardless of their race, color, ancestry, religious creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, medical/physical/mental condition, HIV/AIDS status, pregnancy/childbirth and related medical condition, age, marital status, or veteran status.
How to ApplyTo Apply: Go to http://saccenter.org/careers. Please submit a cover letter and a resume in a Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF document by email to email@example.com. No phone calls or in-person applications please. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with an anticipated hire date within approximately 6 weeks from the posting.
16 total views, 16 today