Full-Time Epidemiologist II
The Snohomish Health District is hiring an Epidemiologist II to join our Assessment team. This position will be open until filled with the first review date of September 2, 2021. This position is in a union represented bargaining unit and eligible for union membership.
Under direction of the Prevention Services Assistant Director, or designee, will perform a variety of highly responsible, advanced epidemiological activities related to collection of epidemiological data, researching, analyzing and interpreting health-related characteristics of the population to identify the distribution of diseases, spectrum of behaviors and relevant conditions. Proposes and/or initiates investigations, analysis, and reports. Designs major projects and performs complex analysis. The incumbent may also work in collaboration across divisions, leadership and/or interdisciplinary teams in support of district-wide administrative functions.
Education and Experience Required:
Education: A Master’s degree in Epidemiology or Public Health or a closely related field including 12 graduate quarter hours in epidemiology and 12 graduate quarter hours in biostatistics.
Experience: Three (3) year of experience in epidemiology research and analysis.
Or: In place of the above requirement, the incumbent may possess any combination of relevant education and experience which would demonstrate the individual’s knowledge, skill, and ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above.
Licenses, Certifications and Other:
- Evidence of quantitative analysis skills and experience as documented by publication in a peer reviewed journal, preferred.
- Experience in a communicable disease control area.
- Experience with one or more of the statistical software (e.g. STATA, SAS, R), ArcView software and Geographic Information System (GIS).
- Minimum of two years of work experience in a public health agency.
- Valid Washington State Driver’s license or ability to obtain one within 30 days of hire and a driving record which meets the requirements of Snohomish Health District’s insurance carrier
- Background check pursuant to RCW 43.43.830
How to ApplyFor a complete position description and to submit your application for consideration please visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/snohd
493 total views, 0 today