Full-Time Environmental Engineer
At U. S. Steel, environmental stewardship is a core value of our Company. U. S. Steel’s Environmental Engineers are problem-solvers and contingency planners for every environmental issue involved in the steel manufacturing process. Environmental engineers are responsible for managing and implementing the U.S. Steel Environmental Management System. This position is based at the Granite City, IL facility.
– Work includes all aspects of compliance with environmental regulations, permits, corporate policies, and legal agreements.
– Assist the business unit in maintaining compliance with Air, Water, and Waste regulations, Tank Management, Emergency Plans, Superfund Amendments and Reauthorization Act, Toxic Substances Control Act, and ISO 14001 Environmental Management System.
– Monitor environmental compliance and assure corrective action of all environmental problems associated with the assigned facility.
– Conduct periodic audits of environmental facilities to assure compliance and uncover potential problems.
– Assist facility operators in developing the most expeditious means of determining and correcting environmental problems.
– Submit required reports to agencies.
– Interact with various Federal, State, and Local regulatory agencies on permitting, compliance, and facility inspections.
– Participate on or lead multi-disciplinary teams charged with securing environmental permits.
– Administer the U. S. Steel Safety program to ensure a safe work environment within the assigned facility.
– Learn and understand the steel manufacturing process.
-Bachelor degree in engineering, or comparable degree with demonstrated capability in environmental.
-Two to five years of environmental management experience in an industrial/manufacturing setting is required.
Level and compensation will be based on experience.
How to ApplyDirect Apply Link: https://jobs.brassring.com/1033/ASP/TG/cim_jobdetail.asp?partnerid=25307&siteid=5237&Areq=10433BR
692 total views, 0 today