Full-Time Enroll Manhattan Project Navigator
APICHA’s mission is to improve the health of our community and to increase access to comprehensive primary care, preventive health services, mental health and supportive services. We are committed to excellence and to providing culturally competent services that enhance the quality of life. APICHA advocates for and provides a welcoming environment for underserved and vulnerable people, especially Asians and Pacific Islanders, the LGBT Community and individuals living with and affected by HIV/AIDS.
Position Title: Enroll Manhattan Project Navigator (Part-Time)
Reports to: Enroll Manhattan Project Navigator Coordinator
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Enroll Manhattan Project Associate Navigators will be responsible for outreach, education and coverage enrollment for individuals and small businesses into the New York Health Benefit Exchange (NYHBE) and the Small Business Health Options Program (SHOP) Exchange.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Identify and establish collaboration with organizations and community sites for client recruitment and referral.
• Provide in person health insurance enrollment services to individuals and small businesses in Lower East Side, Chinatown, Chelsea, and Clinton / Hell’s Kitchen.
• Meet with and educate individuals and small businesses about the NYHBE and the types of health insurance programs offered through the NYHBE.
• Provide education on, and facilitate enrollment into, Qualified Health Plans (QHPs), supplementary plans available through the Exchange (if offered) and/or into Insurance Affordability Programs (IAPs).
• Provide enrollment assistance to individuals and small businesses with the renewal of health plans.
• Assist potential enrollees with grievances, complaints or questions regarding their health coverage or a determination related to their coverage.
• Inform enrollees of their rights to appeal decisions on their eligibility and enrollment into insurance.
• Provide information in a fair and impartial manner which is culturally and linguistically appropriate, and disability accessible, for the populations being served under the Exchange, including individuals with limited English proficiency.
• Remind potential participants of appointments through reminder postcards and calls, and track these reminder postcards and calls.
• Meet requirements set by funding sources and by the agency, including timely submission of project reports and all required data entry.
• Represent APICHA to articulate mission and services provided.
• Any other activities as assigned.
• High school diploma/GED with 2 years of working experience required. Some college education with 1 year of working experience preferred.
• Strong socio-cultural identification with the target population or experience in working with target population required.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English required.
• Independent and good team player.
• Good attention to detail.
• Fluency in one or more A&PI languages or Spanish preferred
• Ability to work well with diverse population.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and stressful environment.
• Ability to work well within the organizational structure.
• Ability to work flexible hours including some evenings and weekends.
• Ability to use common office software. (Word, Excel, Power Point).
How to ApplyIf you are interested in the position, please apply directly through our Apicha Community Health Center's website. https://www.apicha.org/careers
20 total views, 1 today