Full-Time Engineering Technician
$5109-6119/monthly starting salary DOE*
(Starting maximum $5614)
Open until filled; first application review will be Tuesday, August 23, 2022
The City of Camas is currently seeking qualified candidates for an Engineering Technician position. The individual selected for this position will perform technical level duties in support of the City’s Community Development Engineering Department. The individual will be mainly in the field to conduct field related inspections of construction projects under all weather conditions, with minimal office duties. The individual should have the ability to effectively communicate with contractors and interact with the public on the City’s engineering services and activities.
The hours for this position are generally Monday-Friday 8am-5pm, but hours can vary during periods of high construction activities. The position is represented by the Camas Public Employees Association (CPEA) and is eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, which includes family and domestic partner benefits such as medical, dental, and vision. Retirement benefits are provided through Washington State Retirement System. Other benefits include life insurance, paid holidays, accrued vacation time, and sick time.
Candidates for this position shall have:
- Construction / field experience, specifically with the various civil engineering components, such as installation of water mains, sanitary sewer mains, stormwater mains; road construction, curbs, sidewalks, etc.
- Understand and interpret a set of civil construction drawings.
- Education equivalent to completion of the twelfth grade is required.
- College level coursework in engineering or a related field is advantageous, but not required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office components, such as Excel spreadsheets and Word documents.
- Valid driver’s license
In addition to the job description requirements, the preferred candidates will possess the following attributes: positive attitude, ability to take initiative, good customer service skills, good verbal and written communication skills, excellent organizational and decision-making ability, ability to work with all sectors of the community and flexibility to work non-standard hours as needed.
To apply visit www.cityofcamas.us/jobs
All application materials must be attached when the application is submitted.
* 5% pay premium will be added to base pay if successful candidate possesses an EIT or PE Certification.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they can perform every job description task. Our talent acquisition goals include hiring the candidate who is best able to meet the performance objectives of the role. We will consider any equivalent combination of knowledge, skills, education, and experience to meet minimum qualifications. If you are interested in applying, we encourage you to think broadly about your background and skill set for the role.
How to ApplyTo apply visit www.cityofcamas.us/jobs
392 total views, 0 today