Full-Time Engineering Integration Architect – 200000BM
Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world’s leading clean, engine technology. We’re also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
* Responsible for assessing, defining and championing the IT architecture strategies, principles, policies and standards in alignment with the IT strategy and governing their use; coordinates with project teams to create, document, assess and/or validate the application and infrastructure solution designs for specific systems
* Applies enterprise architecture standards including styles, stacks, and patterns and applies them effectively.
* Develops project solution designs to meet business and technical requirements.
* Defines reference architectures aligned with IT technology standards to be reused as building blocks for other solutions.
* Participates as a change agent to drive strategic IT architecture direction.
* Leads and facilitates technical analysis, solution design, and technology domain sessions to drive optimum IT solutions.
* Builds strong relationships with customers and peers across IT to effectively promote solution development using standard technologies.
* Maintains awareness of emerging technologies, software trends, and tools.
* Considers multiple, varied alternatives and recommends appropriate solutions based on cost/benefit analysis.
* Facilitates and supports execution of pilot and or proof of concept activities to validate technology capabilities.
* Collaborates with project teams to understand requested capabilities and recommends the right set of technologies to meet the needs.
* Provides infrastructure capacity recommendations for new applications and systems.
Architecture System Design – Defines and develops architecture deliverables, artifacts and building blocks (e.g. conceptual models, logical models, physical network designs, etc.) by applying architecture principles through the use of an architecture development framework and methodology that enables the organization to transform its systems in a controlled manner in response to business needs.
Business Architecture Design – Defines and creates business capability maps using standards, templates, tools and methodologies to provide a common understanding of key capabilities aligned to strategic objectives and tactical demands.
Business Process Design – Discovers, models, analyzes, measures and improves business processes using standards, templates, tools and methodologies to optimize business performance.
Business Value Assessment – Conducts or supports the business value assessment using a value assurance approach to increase the potential of success of large IT programs.
Business Need Definition – Defines the business outcome that the proposed work will provide using the Business Analysis Toolkit (modeling the five aspects and creating use cases) to justify investment of resources (people, time, finances).
Solution Design – Creates and defines the solution design complete with instrumentation and measurement, using Cummins IT processes, standards and tools, version control, and build and test automation to synthesize diagrams, models and documentation in order to build a solution that meets buildability, business, technical, security, governance and compliance requirements.
Project Issue and Risk Management – Manages the process to identify, assess and prioritize issues and risks using recommended tools and processes to minimize, monitor, and control the probability and/or impact of negative events or to maximize the realization of positive events.
Scope Management – Manages a list of project deliverables (scope) using the recommended project management tools and processes to ensure that the project includes all the work required and only the work required to complete the project successfully.
Strategic Roadmap Planning – Produces a high-level, multi-year product and capability roadmap utilizing internal and external business resource, asset and market knowledge and experience to communicate the organization’s focus and priorities to internal and external stakeholders.
Release Planning – Plans and manages the release of capabilities, features or products using inputs from the prioritized roadmap, planning, available resources and skills to communicate expected availability and releases of capability.
Balances stakeholders – Anticipating and balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders.
Persuades – Using compelling arguments to gain the support and commitment of others.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
College, university, or equivalent degree in Information Technology, Business or a related subject required.
Intermediate level of relevant work experience required. 3-5 years of experience.
The Engineering Integration Architect will assess, define, and champion IT interface architecture strategies, principles, policies and standards in alignment with the Cummins IT strategy. They will coordinate with project teams to assess, design, document, develop, and/or validate the application and infrastructure interfaces for Engineering IT systems.
– IT infrastructure knowledge – cloud architectures, API integration, virtualization, authorization/authentication, load balancing, WAN/LAN
Compensation and Benefits
Base annual salary commensurate with experience plus annual variable compensation. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today at careers.cummins.com
How to ApplyTo apply for this position, please use the following URL: https://ars2.equest.com/?response_id=85f6135e3164448817a27246355f4401
59 total views, 1 today