Full-Time Engineer II – Environmental Policy
- Review project documentation for environmental consistency and adequacy.
- Provide consultation and guidance for the efficient development of projects and the associated environmental analysis decision-making.
- Provide training (formal/informal) to internal and external environmental and engineering practitioners supporting transportation project development.
- Review day-to-day NEPA/SEPA tasks to inform and enhance departmental knowledge of regulatory and NEPA/SEPA best practices and work with Environmental Policy coworkers to implement improvements that enhance compliance and streamline project delivery.
- Participate in Merger Meetings to support project advancement through the Section 404/NEPA Merger Process, coordinate with other technical disciplines within NCDOT to ensure project compliance and delivery and pursue environmental streamlining opportunities throughout project planning and design.
- Ensure that engineering decisions and supporting analyses are adequately presented in project-specific environmental documentation.
- Coordinate cross-discipline to ensure documents contain sufficient information and analysis to support project decisions that can be relied upon for permit development and issuance by regulatory agencies.
- Knowledge of concepts, practices and theories used in transportation engineering, including extensive knowledge of environmental and engineering principles related to transportation planning and environmental assessment.
- Experience with transportation constructability issues and regulatory compliance.
- Experience in a multi-disciplinary team setting, promoting teamwork, and fostering communication with Senior Leadership, stakeholders, citizens, and among project team members.
- Experience with transportation and environmental decision-making, and/or transportation alternatives analysis in support of NEPA/SEPA documents.
- Experience solving problems, resolving conflicts, and applying critical thinking to complex environmental and engineering issues.
- Bachelors Degree in engineering, and
- 3+ years of relevant experience; or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
- We may require registration as a professional engineer by the NC Board of Examiners for Engineers and Surveyors.
How to ApplyYou MUST apply at https://tinyurl.com/3jhptjxn
50 total views, 0 today