Full-Time Embedded Systems Engineer
Embedded Systems Engineer
Status: Exempt, Full-Time
Travel Requirements: 0%
Location: Tukwila, WA
Pay Range: $110,000 – $148,823.53
Description of Benefits: 8 paid holidays, medical/dental/vision insurance for employees and their family, life, accident and long-term disability insurance, flexible spending account, 401(k) retirement plan, discretionary bonuses, and professional training and development opportunities
Paid time off includes a progressive PTO program. After 90 days of service, 9 days of PTO which may be carried over to next service year. At anniversary date, 16 PTO days are given. PTO is accrued on a schedule of one additional day per year up to five years, thereafter, one additional day for every two years, to a maximum PTO accrual of 26 days after 16 years of service. Maximum PTO carryover to the following year is current year PTO accrual.
About the Company
Heatcon Composite Systems has been involved in the support of advanced composite repairs since 1981. For over 40 years, we’ve committed our time and product development to improving composite repair processes.
As a leading global manufacturer and supplier of aerospace composite repair equipment, we provide a full range of hot bonders, accessories, technical and training services, and materials for the repair of composite structures.
We specialize in working with Aircraft Manufacturers (OEMs), Defense Organizations, Commercial Airlines, and Maintenance, Repair, and Overhaul (MRO) facilities by providing them with the expertise and tools to repair composite flight controls and other main aircraft parts. Our experience and knowledge allows us to continuously provide innovate solutions for the advancement of composite repair technology.
About the Position
We are looking for an Embedded Systems Engineer that will bring expert knowledge and best practices to the development and delivery of products that will capture the original design intent and satisfy consumer needs for performance and reliability. This person will be responsible for the architecture of all system software and controller design. They will provide research, development, and sustaining efforts, as well as the process methodologies and documentation standards for the Engineering department. They will also support equipment research and development, testing, quality control, and Service/Repair. In addition, they will make decisions that ensure the equipment is positioned to capitalize on technical innovations that are financially viable in the Heatcon marketplace.
- Lead the embedded systems design and development, including system firmware of new and innovative products and maintenance of existing products.
- Leads or participates on project teams to develop clear specifications, evaluates feasibility of concepts, and provides formal estimates for embedded systems designs.
- Lead troubleshooting of root cause and determine any end-customer-use or manufacturing issues with imbedded systems and microcontroller peripherals.
- Collaborate as part of a multi-disciplined product development team. Participates in design and collaborate with engineering teams to achieve project goals.
- Work directly with the Mechanical design team to ensure comprehensive/integrated electrical solutions are developed.
- Interface with internal Sales team, external vendors, and customers to develop and enhance embedded system design for use in the product offerings.
- Interface with customers during design and manufacturing process to resolve technical and operational difficulties and provide guidance and user training for products.
- Perform electronic, microprocessor/microcontrollers, and software design activity, including circuit boards, interface cabling, system integration, firmware integration, and electrical system architecture.
- Analyze software/firmware requirements and design code functionality to meet the requirements. Write structured programming code to meet the specified requirements.
- Create and maintain documentation related to manufacturing, including: operational software configurations, work process/procedures, test plans, operation manuals, repair instructions, technical manuals, and production drawings and bills of materials.
- Use computer software and hardware to conduct tests on electrical products and systems; compile and analyze test data to determine effect of product design on various factors such as temperature, pressure, environmental factors, and energy consumption; and confer with engineering and technical personnel to resolve testing problems such as product or system malfunctions, incomplete test data, and data interpretation.
- Analyze assembly processes for modification and improvement of product design to improve quality and efficiency.
- Research, locate, and recommend purchase of parts and materials in production.
- Analyze and interpret test data and prepare technical reports for use by engineering, production, and management personnel.
- Use project management skills to interface with outside activities, professional groups, and customers to coordinate and facilitate special projects either under contract or as part of an industry area of interest that is aligned with the Company mission.
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities, but may provide guidance to less-senior members of the engineering staff.
- Write professional correspondence and effectively communicate information in one-on-one and group situations to customers and other employees of the organization.
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree and five (5) years of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to read and interpret schematics, diagrams, and engineering drawings and possess moderate proficiency with AutoCAD.
- Must be experienced with microprocessors and microcontrollers.
- Must have at least 5-years of experience in programming languages C, C++, and Assembly.
- Must be experienced in debugging and in embedded systems development and troubleshooting and with real-time operating systems.
- Ability to prepare technical documentation in support of engineering and experience with electronic “packaging” and document control.
- Proficient with common embedded systems communications protocol.
- Proficient in instrumentation for testing hardware, including an oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, Hipot testers, and resistance testers.
- Proficient with a personal computer, computer operating systems, word processing, and spreadsheet programs.
- Proficiency with embedded systems, serial communications, and file transfer functions.
- Proficiency in using AutoCAD and/or Eagle software, as well as code compliers, and IDE platforms.
- Experience with PID tuning.
- Experience with power supply design including Analog design, mixed signal design, and digital design.
- Ability to support team members and self-motivator to take ownership of embedded systems design.
- Ability to support and respond to Customer issues and troubleshoot remotely.
- Knowledge of UL standards, specifically UL 508, 61010-1, 603335-1.
- Knowledge of CE compliance and testing.
- Familiarity with hand and power tools.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and have normal hand-to-eye coordination. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The employee is regularly required to use fingers, hands, and arms to manipulate and shuffle documents, use writing instruments, and type on a keyboard. The employee may be required to walk, stand, balance, sit for prolonged periods, speak clearly, and hear. The employee is regularly required to reach, stoop and bend, kneel or crouch. The employee must regularly turn and twist while holding 25 pounds and lift and/or move 40 pounds.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Heatcon Composite Systems is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at (206) 575 – 1333 X 5625.
Heatcon Composite Systems is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy that all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship will be made without regard to race (including traits historically associated or perceived to be associated with race including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles including afros, braids, locks and twists); religion, color; national origin; age sex (including sexual orientation or transgender status); marital status; honorably discharged veteran or military status; sexual orientation; gender identity; genetic information; citizenship or immigration status; the presence of a sensory, physical, or mental disability; status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking; or on any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
How to ApplyYou can visit our Heatcon Career Page here: https://www.heatcon.com/about/careers/ To apply for this opening, you can do so here: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=9e97af9f-3722-4f46-9205-ad0fa4215482&ccId=19000101_000001&lang=en_US&selectedMenuKey=CurrentOpenings&jobId=377887
136 total views, 1 today