About Lamb Weston
Lamb Weston is a leading supplier of frozen potato, sweet potato, appetizer and vegetable products to restaurants and retailers around the world. For more than 60 years, we’ve produced innovative, inventive products that make life better for our customers and their customers.
Job Description Summary
Job Description Summary
About Lamb Weston
Started in 1950 on a small farm in the Northwest region of the U.S., Lamb Weston has grown to be one of the world’s largest frozen potato companies, happily delivering the delicious goodness of fries to more than 100 countries. Lamb Weston has created inventive products and processes that are standards in the industry. When we look at a potato, we see possibilities.
Our people are a valuable and integral part of our business and play a vital role in our success as an organization. At Lamb Weston we offer the financial stability and career potential of a true industry leader.
Lamb Weston will offer you the opportunity to put your education and skills to work as part of a great team, contributing to the achievement of the organization’s goals and objectives. You will be challenged to take responsibility, drive results, show creativity, and display initiative – and you will be rewarded for your contributions and impact.
When you choose a career with us, every day is fry-day!
- At least one year of electrical schooling from an accredited vocational school or equivalent military training in the electrical or electronics field or two years of electrical experience.
- Must be able to pass a written basic electrical aptitude test.
- Must be able to read and interpret basic electrical schematics.
- Must be able to troubleshoot basic electrical equipment and components.
- Must be able to perform basic electrical system layout and installations.
- Must be able to source electrical references to determine wire sizing, fuse and overload sizing, and conduit sizing.
- Must demonstrate a working knowledge of components and terminology related to the electrical field.
- Must be willing to continue his / her education to achieve a licensed journeyman electrician level. Must participate in the electrical apprentice program and work towards the journeyman electrical license.
- Must be willing to work extended hours during peak demand periods.
- must be able to completely wire a stop / start panel and mcc bucket such that the device is properly controlled, safely operated and completely functional.
- Must demonstrate a good attitude towards job assignments and also towards fellow employees. An employee does this by demonstrating a willingness to learn and also shows a motivation to advance.
- SAFE (thinks about SAFETY, never jumpers SAFETIES without knowing what the safety does and only jumpers a safety out for test purposes and would never leave any circuit unsafe).
- Performs all facets of their job in a safe and professional manner.
- Demonstrates proper use of tools and equipment related to the electrical field.
- Must be promote able to additional tech levels.
Basic & Preferred Qualifications
- At least one year of electrical experience with LW or three years of industrial electrical experience.
- Must be able to utilize electrical schematics to troubleshoot electrical systems and perform electrical maintenance based on these schematics.
- Must be able to troubleshoot all plant electrical equipment and perform electrical repairs in a timely manner.
- Should understand, and be able to demonstrate his / her understanding of our electrical feed and distribution system. This understanding should be inclusive of our typical feed system starting at the substation, transformers, primary and secondary switching, mcc components, overloads and fuses, local lockouts and continue to final point of termination (typically the motor).
- Must be able to perform plant electrical system layouts and installations.
- Must achieve a good working report from plant supervisory staff, leads and fellow colleagues.
- Must demonstrate motivation and willingness towards assigned work.
- Should be capable of perform assigned work with minimal supervision.
- Should be capable of directing tech IV people during unsupervised periods.
- Should be capable of working closely with line mechanics to perform troubleshooting and system analysis.
- Should demonstrate an eagerness to pitch in and solve problems and even to bring long term problems and solutions to staff, supervisors and leads so that ongoing problems are eliminated.
- Demonstrates an ability to draw an electrical schematic of basic plant electrical systems.
- Should be able to demonstrate the ability to draw basic ladder logic.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform line electrical work without direct supervision and with minimal help.
- Demonstrates professional workmanship that would be expected from contract electrical labor.
- Should be able to perform basic electrical construction tasks such as; determine wire needs, size wire and conduit, layout conduit run, install conduit run, terminate feed and distribution ends of the wire run, and initialize the circuit.
- Must be able to prioritize multiple tasks and optimize time to complete all tasks that are assigned.
- Journeyman Electrician License is strongly preferred.
You would set yourself apart with the following qualifications:
- Basic knowledge of PLC systems and ladder logic programming.
- Good troubleshooting skills of lower voltage systems and instrumentation.
- Ability to test malfunctioning machinery and discusses malfunction with other maintenance workers.
- Basic knowledge of both AC and DC power systems and devices.
- Can install power supply wiring and conduit for newly installed machines and equipment such as conveyors, programmable controls, and working with high and low voltages.
Lamb Weston is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
Current Lamb Weston employees, please click here and apply via the Career worklet.
Coupled with our compensation and bonus incentive programs, our benefits deliver rewards that are market competitive. Some of the most attractive elements of our benefit programs include:
- Health Insurance Benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Health and Dependent Care, and Health Reimbursement Accounts
- Well-being programs including companywide events and a wellness incentive program
- Paid Time Off
- Financial Wellness – Industry leading 401(k) plan with generous company contributions, Financial Planning Services, Employee Stock purchase program, and Health Savings Accounts, Life and Accident insurance
- Family-Friendly Employee events
- Employee Assistance Program services – mental health and other concierge type services
Benefits may vary based on location, job role/level, job status, and/or the terms of any applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Job Requisition ID: Req-232605
Time Type: Full time
In compliance with applicable state and local laws, Lamb Weston has opted to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation for this role. This compensation is specific to this position and takes into account a number of variables. Actual compensation may be higher or lower in the range based on various factors, including, but not limited to a candidate’s work location, job duties, experience and expertise. A reasonable hourly estimate of the range for this role based on the variables previously mentioned is: $31.58
Lamb Weston is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law
How to ApplyFollow this link: https://lambweston.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Lamb_External/details/Electrician_Req-232605?locations=a186816edce101f00aa8ac37a835c13c
88 total views, 1 today